Friday, September 4, 2015

Sleepy, Dopey, Grumpy


"Do you want to know a secret?  Do you promise not to tell?"

I write notes to myself and sometimes when I look at my notes later, I wonder what my words mean.  Does that ever happen to you?  I looked at some of my notes from this time last year (when I was visiting England) and I saw three names on the right side of the page that I think everyone should recognize:

 
Sleepy
Dopey
Grumpy

 What could this mean?
I have no idea but it is most certainly my handwriting. (And for anyone who has had the JOY of trying to read my AHEM distinctive handwriting, you know what I mean!)

So, any guesses as to why I would write those names? Perhaps that is how I felt after jet lag? 

Also,  in May I found an envelope with these words..."Mystery seeds" once again in my own handwriting.  I planted the seeds and the plant is now blooming with small purple blooms and Richard and I have just found out that the plant is a globe amaranth!  Where did I get these seeds?  I have no idea!

Starr 020304-9001 Gomphrena globosa.jpg
 
Sleepy, Dopey, Grumpy are three of The Seven Dwarfs (from Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs).  I am sure you can name the other four, can't you?  Now, don't cheat,  just think in your head if you can come up with them.
 
That first line in my post..."Do You Want To Know A Secret...do you promise not to tell?"-Snow White had that as the first line in the song "Wishing Well" in the Walt Disney movie from 1937.  John Lennon must have liked it too, since he used the same words in the song he wrote..."Do You Want To Know A Secret". (It is George Harrison as the lead singer.)
 
 
Hey! You know I have both songs for you!
 
And you know I have the rest of the Dwarfs for you:
Sleepy, Dopey, Grumpy, Doc, Bashful, Sneezy and...
HAPPY!   Doggone it, I am tired, and could not think of the 7th one, so Richard had to help me with that one! (Of course, I could have looked it up, but why should I when I have such a genius of a husband!)
 
I have so many things I want to write about and look at what I am sharing with you today!  Hope to get back into the swing of things soon, my friends!  Hope you have a great weekend,  (It is a long weekend in the USA...our Labor Day holiday is Monday.) 
 
Sleepy, Dopey, Grumpy...
Sleepy, Dopey, Grumpy...you know, if you say it over and over again, it does seem to have a calming effect, like a mantra. What do you think?

21 comments:

  1. Closer. Let me whisper in your ear. This was fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope anyone who reads this can understand the jumbled up information in my brain!

      Delete
  2. A fun post, and yes - I've made that same experience often, that I was unable to later decipher my own handwriting ;-)
    Nowadays, I keep a combination of paper notebook and using the notepad feature on my phone. The notes on my phone are never illegible, that is an advantage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an ancient phone that people make fun of, so notepad feature for me! I suppose I must get one since I can't read my notes anymore.

      Delete
  3. Welcome to my world! I'm just having coffee and sorting out a huge pile of handwritten notes of which I can guarantee that at least a third will be discarded as not meaning anything any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well, at least we are in the same boat so you know what I mean!
      :-)

      Delete
  4. My sister-in-law gave me Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs figurines, which she bought in Tokyo Disney Land. They sit on my curio shelf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a nice gift! Hang on to them, I notice on the Antique Road Show that all the Disney stuff seems to go up in value!

      Delete
  5. Sleepy is how i feel a lot of the time. Morning comes too early!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kay, We must be thinking alike today. I just went thru a small journal I took to my grandson's wedding in Utah. One page just said ..Yadda ! Yadda! Yadda.....I remembered I wrote it for my daughter look at because some lady behind us was talking loud and non-stop. LOL. I also found a page about Ted and I on our last trip to Rossville for Emma's last grandparents day. Once the children reach 6th grade , they no longer had grandparents days. It was a sad day for me I cried. I cried when I re-read this page about it. . Hope you find out about your notations. Blessings for a fun weekend, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YADDA YADDA YADDA...so funny! When we are out and hear loud talking, we say (under our breath) rabbit, rabbit, rabbit. Look up Chas & Dave singing "Rabbit" and you will know what we mean!
      No Grandparents Day after 6th grade? Oh, that is sad!
      Blessings to you, sweet Susie! xxx

      Delete
  7. I have a pile of notebooks/pads here filled with jottings/ideas/reminders of things I need to write about. And, yes...oft times I can't understand my scribble. There are times I wake up during the night and rather than turn the bedside light on, I scrawl something on a page in a pad, in the dark! Trying to decipher those notes at a later time is....trying!!! :)

    I used to love that song...it reminds me of one particular dance I went to back in 1963!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that I am not the only one!
      And I love to think of you dancing to that song, it's dreamy!

      Delete
  8. I hope that you are having a great weekend and can work out what your mystery note might have meant! I find things like that sometime and wonder, why did I write it and even more so, why did I keep it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I ever work it out, I will let you know in a future post! And yes, I also have notes in my purse for far too long!

      Delete
  9. Ah, yes, knew the dwarfs right off - we must have watched the movie a few times with our kids. My brain heard George singing the secret song the moment I saw your headline - and I never knew the words came from Snow-white. And I thought the Beatles wrote everything as an original. Fun post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually know the names of the dwarfs...I might need a shrink to tell me why I couldn't think of "HAPPY"!!
      And the Beatles were so amazingly talented...John Lennon only used those words that Snow White said at the beginning of the song, he really loved words, and he used wordplay so well in his songwriting.
      The Beatles absorbed so much from a lot of musical sources. I wrote a post about the song "Till There Was You", that was a cover on one of their first albums. I have heard Paul McCartney in concert, such a talent!

      Delete
  10. I've been trying to take advantage of this long weekend to clean out some of my magazine stashes. I love magazines and I'm always cutting pages out or dog-earing another. As I went back through a bunch of those today, I kept thinking, "What on Earth on this page made me dog-ear the corner?". It's funny and fun to see how my tastes have changed over time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love magazines too! And I sometimes cut out ads from magazines, if the ad uses a particular work of art or if it is a wonderful photo of natural scenery. I am most impressed by some of the ads, how well the picture and the words go together. We are artists, Audrey, we just can't help it! xx

      Delete
    2. I keep a journal where I make my own pages & collages with all the little clippings of quotes, pictures, etc. I just love going back through it from time to time. It's so me! I'm not at all surprised to hear you do the same!!! XOXOXOXO

      Delete