Monday, September 7, 2015

Happy 60th Birthday to Richard! (With Words of Love)



Nice if you manage to have your birthday on a major holiday and even better if you make sure you have the day off from work!

HAPPY Birthday to my dear Richard, my most wonderful better half! 

 If you have only just started to read my blog you might not know this, but the vast majority of the photos on this blog are made by the very gifted photographer, my husband! And he is so very interested in the natural world that he should be in the company of Sir David Attenborough!
Richard in London, St. Paul's in the background and Victorian lamp post behind him.
 


Poor Richard, when you see him in a photo on my blog that means it was taken by me! (I still manage to get his sweet smile though!)  And very often, he has a tree or a lighting fixture growing from the top of his head, I don't notice this until I see it later. After all, I only have eyes for my dear Richard!


On the Eastbourne seafront, posing with the Carpet Gardens and the crosswalk lights behind his head.

 
 

Richard going down a gigantic slide as a baby with his Dad. Look at that smile!
Taken this past Saturday at Stone Mountain! Somehow managed to make him look as if he has a big rock on his back!

 
Hope you all have a good day and for all in the USA, Happy Labor Day!  And if you want to see a list of all who are celebrating birthdays today, pop over to Mimi's blog from Louisiana...you may find it just  here!  I am most impressed by those born on this day, go and have a look! (The artist Jacob Lawrence AND Queen Elizabeth I, the first one in 1533!)  And she also lists that it is "Turn A Cartwheel In Public Day"...you know I can do that, right?
I should turn cartwheels every day in celebration of my husband!

HAPPY Birthday, Richard!
60 years of sweet smiles!

 
 



"Words of Love" a song by Buddy Holly (who was also born on Sept. 7th) and covered by the Beatles is a favorite of Richard's.

42 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Richard!
    Aloha from Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to need a cartwheel and a public. On a more serious note a very happy birthday indeed to Richard. Here's to many more where this one came from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mark!
      Just start doing cartwheels and I bet you the public will find you! HA!

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday to your dear husband.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Happy Birthday to the man you love!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diana! Lovely to see your comment here, glad you are back blogging again!

      Delete
  5. I'm sure you won't mind another deeply tasteful greeting from an old friend...

    As previously noted, we've been friends for 48 of your 60 glorious years, and you've lived in the States for about half of those. I suppose this shows that true friendship can overcome almost anything. But seeing as you once introduced me to the music of the Moody Blues, it's had to!!!

    Seriously, have a great day and I hope to see you next month.


    Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dave! Richard says he won't dignify your comment about The Moody Blues with a reply!
      Hope all is well with you in Burwash!

      Delete
  6. It's a shame I did not know before, or I would have sent a card to Richard. Happy Birthday to you, and thank you for allowing Kay to post about it so that we can all share in the fun and imagine helping to eat the cake with you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you are so sweet. I should had done a lot of things in August but I have been a bit out of it for all of the past month! (That is my excuse anyway!) That cake and ice cream was from last year, when we were in England, and it was even better on my mother in law's china plates!

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday Richard. You're looking good on life that's for sure.I wish that I'd looked that young when I was 50!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Graham! I made sure to read your comment to Richard and you know that was a pleasant thing to hear! :-)

      Delete
  8. Wishing Richard many happy returns of the day! Thank you for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mimi! And you know you have a great blog, I love to hear what is happening down in Louisiana!

      Delete
  9. Happy 60th!
    How lovely to be so young!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, Richard. How lovely it is to read of your happiness. Your genuine expression of love brings a smile to my face and warmth to my heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really can tell a lot about a person from his smile, can't you? And Richard has one of the sweetest!

      Delete
  11. Happy Birthday to Richard, and welcome to a new decade. I've always enjoyed your photos here. You and Kay make a great team!

    Oh how I loved the Beatles video! Sure does bring back memories, doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great team, like Laurel & Hardy! "-)
      I am very glad you liked the video too! I loved all the funny touches on there and also the colorful bits added....and then, at the end with words LOVE all over the British Isles, I loved it!

      Delete
  12. Oh Yes, I remember it well! 60th Birthday and we were preparing to move as far from the Sussex Coast as it is possible to do. Some thought we were mad moving to the Outer Hebrides after I had lived for 60 years on the South Coast. But move we did and it was the best thing EVER. So Richard, have a wonderful birthday and if there is something that you and Kay have been wanting to do - just DO IT!
    Thank you for all those lovely photographs. You have brought back some lovely half forgotten memories. I hope that both you and Kay keep walking the walk up "our" Stone Mountain for many years to come. With good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pat!
      It sounds like your 60th birthday was one to remember! Glad that you are happy on your island! We are into our nature places here, as you know, but most people think we are nuts That is what we like to do!
      Glad you liked the photos and look at the yellow daises! They are gorgeous!

      Delete
  13. Happy Birthday to Richard - and I like your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patricia! Richard really is better at photography than I am, but now and then, I get lucky!

      Delete
  14. Happy Birthday, belatedly, to you wonderful photographer husband, Richard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristi!
      (And or course, I thank you again for telling me about the book "Dear Paul, Dear Stephanie").

      Delete
  15. Happy Birthday Richard all the way from England!!! You are both great photographers!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! I am a great photographer too? Thanks for that too!

      Delete
  16. Happy Birthday Richard. A day off work is always nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard almost always works on Labor Day, so I am glad that he had took the day off!
      Thanks for your well wishes!

      Delete
  17. Happy birthday Richard -- congrats on The Big Six Oh!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A belated happy birthday to Richard! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy belated birthday to Richard. He certainly does have a sweet smile. Then again, with you there he has something to smile about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your well wishes and your kind words! :-)

      Delete
  20. I know I'm late to the party but I want to send Richard Happy Belated Birthday Wishes!!! I hope he had a lovely, special day. I have no doubts that you spoiled him!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Audrey! It was just nice for him to even have the day off from work! :-)

      Delete