Sunflowers! I love them! My Dad grows them and just down the road from him they have had a Sunflower Festival for years but THIS year, they didn't have it and I really missed it...so how about a Sunflower Blogger Award?
Everybody needs a Sunflower Blogger award! I think that each one of you deserve this. I
AND if you don't think the Sunflower Award should be given to you since TECHNICALLY it was not given to me...there is no reason why you couldn't answer the questions anyway! Why not give it a go?
1. WHY DO YOU BLOG? I think I drove several bloggers crazy with some of my long comments before I started my own blog! Mieke from Germany suggested that I have my own blog and I am very thankful that I listened to her! Thanks, Meike! (You may find her blog just here!)
I blog because I enjoy it! I love to write about the things that I find interesting and I am thankful that there are so many nice folks who read my blog and leave comments. I can't tell you how much I enjoy this!! And it makes my day when I get a new follower! Thank you to all the nice people who read this blog, I really appreciate it. You guys are the best!
2) ARE YOU AN EARLY RISER OR A NIGHT OWL? Uh, sorry, I don't even know what my little town looks like at night! I am most certainly an early riser! (But even so, please don't ask me anything until I have had a cup of coffee!)
3) FAVORITE SMELL? It would have to be from a flower and it might seem strange to say this because I only smelled it just ONE time! It was from a lilac bush, it was growing over a wall next to the pavement (sidewalk) when we were walking in Eastbourne, in England. If you have ever smelled lilacs, then you will know what I mean. Oh! And of course, the fragrance from my Yellow Daisies would have to be a favorite too!
OH! And also, I really love the smell of the sheets after they have been hanging out on the line in the sun...also, another fragrance from England! Sorry...that's three....so sue me! HA!
4) IF FEELING SAD, WHAT ONE SONG WOULD YOU PLAY OR SING TO MAKE YOU HAPPY? Oh, so many songs! My goodness, I LOVE music, almost any song could do it for me but here's one that came to mind... "I'm Looking Over A Four Leaf Clover"! (It was written in the year of my Daddy's birth, 1927!) OH, and anything by Chas & Dave...I love them!
5) WHEN YOU LOOK IN THE MIRROR, WHAT DO YOU SEE? I see a very sophisticated lady with a great deal of panache...NOT!
6) HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY? Funny, that made me think of a teacher that I had in the 8th grade, and she told me that I had a scintillating personality, and I had no idea what that meant and had to look it up! I was hoping it was nice! But honestly, goofy is the first thing I thought of!
7) NAME SOMETHING IN YOUR LIFE YOU ACCOMPLISHED THOUGH SHEER DETERMINATION. I must be a real dud because I can't think of anything like that!
8) WHAT DO YOU CONSIDER THE MOST IMPORTANT WORLD OR NATIONAL EVENT THAT HAS TAKEN PLACE IN YOUR LIFETIME? For me, the first thing that I thought of was this: The fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989...this happened just one month before I gave birth.
The birth of my only child was pretty important to me, so perhaps that is why I thought of it!
9) IF YOU COULD SPEND YOUR LIFE IN A DIFFERENT CENTURY, WHICH ONE WOULD YOU CHOOSE? Oh dear, I couldn't live in the past or the future, I will stay in my own time period, thank you!
10) IF YOU HAD TO SPEAK EXTEMPORANEOUSLY FOR ONE HOUR ABOUT ANYTHING,
WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE? That's an easy one! I would talk about the magnificent monadnocks in this area and all the beautiful wildflowers and trees that surround them! I don't look at them in a scientific kind of way, I look at them as a great gift from God and I am grateful to live so near to them.
And the next time you take a photo of a sunflower, try to get one with not one, not two but THREE bees on it, will you? I took this photo one year down at my Daddy's and you know he gave me an armful of sunflowers to take home with me, but he made sure they didn't have any bees clinging to them!
UPDATE: After posting this, I couldn't get the Sunflower Award photo on here anyway, so perhaps that is all for the best, since I really didn't get the award, TECHNICALLY! You know, I always think that things work out for the best. And if they don't, I MAKE them! Keep on the sunny side of life!