Thursday, December 3, 2020

THE Music For Me! (Me, You and Everybody!)

 


Hello! It's December already! Where does the time go? It seems I have been quite busy lately but I hope that all of you are doing well these days.  I have a post that I am working on about a famous composer but before I share that with you, I want to tell you that I am excited that our son has been working on his music! Not only does he perform his own songs that he has written but he also does "covers" and even then, he will sometimes change them up a bit and even re-write some of the lyrics.  I am hopeful that you if you click on the link below you will be able to hear those songs!  I love them, you know I do!  "The Hardest Part" is a song by Coldplay and the vocal by MY Chris seems better than Chris Martin! (Sorry, Chris Martin, no offense, even if you are insulted, you can console yourself with your millions! HA!) The second song is "Running Water", which is a song by the Moody Blues. (Justin Hayward, if you hear him sing this song, you will know that there is one young man in Georgia who knows all the songs by the Moody Blues!)  It is such a beautiful song and I LOVE the vocal that he does here!  The third song is "In The Aeroplane Over the Sea" and it is by the band, Neutral Milk Hotel.  Once again, I love it- not just the vocals but the way that he plays the guitar, bass and keyboards on this as well. (He is also doing the harmonizing part!)

The song "Clementine, No" is a re-working of the Beach Boys song, "Caroline, No".  I really like it!  Talk about harmonies!

If you are able to click on that link and listen to those songs, this would make me so happy! If you don't have time to do so just now, try to remember to do so when you can, okay? 

Also, over to the side...it shows a song by "Trip Trembley". That is also our son! That would be the song that he did years ago in concert, "I Can Get Funky Enough".  He and a friend wrote that one together and it is done in a fun, tongue-of-cheek kind of way.  (I hope so anyway, I hope he is not huffing going down the road with the law on his car bumper!)

Okay, the link is just below...


Chris Guest | Free Listening on SoundCloud


There!  I hope you were able to have a listen!

Here is photo of Christopher from his concert in 2013. (That's C. on the left.)  


Always have a song in your heart!  You know I do!  Thrilled that my son inherited his Dad's musical talents! And I know that C. is too!

30 comments:

  1. I clicked on the link and discovered that your son has a beautiful voice--not that I doubted you, but it was fun to hear him for myself.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really does and I am not the only one who thinks so!
      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I can not listen to the music right now, but I remember that you once posted about your son singing Christmas songs in a store, and his voice was very beautiful then. But that is no surprise, as we all know that YOU can sing, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now Meike, have you ever heard me sing?
      I do like to sing whether or not I am any good...
      HA!
      Christopher has a wonderful singing voice! When we were at church, I thought my singing of the hymns were wonderful but on the days that he was scheduled to be an acolyte (and therefore not seated beside me) it was strange how my singing was not as good! Hope you can go back and listen to the songs. I have singing "The Hardest Part" in my head!

      Delete
  3. Kay, So glad your son loves music so much. I know you love to hear him in person. Blessings to all of you, stay safe. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Susie! We all love music! My Dad was also a big fan, if you remember me writing about it!

      Delete
  4. How great that you have such a talented son. The world would not be the same without music, especially this time of year. Hope you have some very merry holidays !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same to you, MA! I made your mini quiche recipe, they were really good!

      Delete
  5. How lovely to have Christopher's music on the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How proud you are of your son! His music is nicely done and he is talented to write, sing, play it all himself! Lovely voice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! He IS talented, I do believe he is. Of course, I have always known this! He truly is his own man. I am astonished to think he is my son, to be honest, he is just that brilliant.

      Delete
  7. I listened to 4 songs. He has a lovely voice and did a great job. You know how much I love music. You have every right to be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice choice. I often find folk doing cover versions of songs bring something very different to them, sometimes better. Classics redone by fans have always been my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking of a band that did...oh heck...now I will have to do a post about this subject!
      Take care!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks! As much as you are knowledgeable about music, that means a lot to me. x

      Delete
  10. I enjoyed listening to these songs! He has a really good voice and you have every reason to be proud! I can't carry a tune in a bucket but I sure enjoy others who can and do share their talents! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say that I am a great singer but I have always loved to sing! So glad you listened to his songs! Thank you!!

      Delete
  11. I love music and am saving this to listen to later. Right now I am listening to ElDivo's Christmas album. I love to hear tenors harmonizing...sends my soul soaring. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will like his vocals and his guitar is great too!

      Delete
  12. May your son, to whom you have given a legacy of the love of music, have a wonderful career in his chosen art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if he never makes any money from his music, I hope that doesn't stop him from writing and performing.

      Delete
  13. I still have my Moody Blues' LPs...loved them then...and still love them now.

    You must be proud of your Chris...and rightly so. Terrific! I wish him all the best in his chosen field. With your encouragement and belief...he will succeed.

    Take good care, Kay. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's be hopeful that he never gives up on music, no matter what!

      Delete
  14. Many thanks for the link ... amazing.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kay, your Christopher is so mega talented. I just loved Running Water especially. He has the most beautiful voice. Wow! I'm blown away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kay! You have such wonderful taste!!

      Delete