Tuesday, November 24, 2020

The Only Thing (Stay Safe!)

 


                                           Bonsai trees 

                                                       Pink Muhly Grass



                                               Fothergillia Mt. Airy    (These leaves are beautiful!)


"The Only Thing" is a song by Travis and Susanna Hoffs, one of the singers from 1980's group, The Bangles.  This song was just released this year! (Travis is from Scotland and was popular in the 1990's.)
I really like this song, so I hope you will give it a listen...




It's my job to give you guys music, you know! And also a few photos of nature. Music and nature: I am there for you, my friends! 

Remember these three words...HANDS, FACE and SPACE.
Keep your HANDS washed, your FACE covered and keep SPACE between yourself and others.  (I saw this on the BBC.)
I am very fond of rhymes, not sure if you know that about me!
I dreamed that I went to a doctor's office to take the virus vaccine and the woman who came in to give it to me had "Maxine" on her name tag.  "Oh, it's Maxine with a vaccine!", I said to her. 
She just looked at me in a most bored manner. "Uh, I guess you get that all the time", I said to her.  "No", she said,  "You're the first one".
HA!  There, you see, I even dream with rhymes on my brain!
I'm sure you saw that Dolly Parton gave one million dollars towards the vaccine that was developed in Tennessee! Isn't that marvelous!
I told you that songwriters were the best! 

For all my American friends, Happy Thanksgiving!  And for my friends in the rest of the world, happy times to you! Stay safe, all of you.





                                       I do not have a black beard. That is me wearing a mask!





                Saw the Zebra long wing as late as this last weekend! What a pleasure it has been to see this beauty!  Isn't it beautiful?


25 comments:

  1. O.K. and I also love rhymes and sometimes make up our own funny poems while we walk, or even on the phone. They make sense only to us, a fun little game we keep playing.

    Yes, music and nature! Love the colours on the leaves and grass.

    One should think that by now, about 9 months into the whole COVID-related restrictions, people would not need reminding of those few simple, basic rules - and yet they do.
    I need to do some food shopping today and am not particularly looking forward to it. Still good to get out of the house for a bit during daylight, though, as it will be pitch black by the time I finish work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: Dolly Parton's generosity just confirms what a wonderful person she is!

      Delete
    2. You would think that masks would be a no brainer but there are still people around who refuse to wear them. I just can't understand it.

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, Kay! Thanks for the music and beautiful photos. I love bonsai too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debra! Glad you liked the music and photos!

      Delete
  3. I hope you won't mind that I copied some of your pictures for my jigsaw puzzles. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand. You made a jigsaw with this photos? I thought you weren't supposed to copy photos. As you know, my husband takes most of the photos on here. It makes me uncomfortable to think of his photos being copied.

      Delete
    2. I can delete them if you prefer. What I do is save the picture. I have a jigsaw puzzle program that allows me to make a jigsaw for my own use and mine alone to work on my computer. The puzzle is deleted after solving. I don't share them with anyone else. Please let me know if you want me to delete the pictures.

      Delete
    3. Welcome to my world after I have had a bad day at work! :-)
      I see I replied to that at 5:50 PM!
      No, you don't have to delete them. In fact, I read this out to Richard and he said he considers it a compliment that you like his photos so much! I didn't think you would "do" anything with them, so that was why I was puzzled! And speaking of puzzle, that picture puzzle jigsaw sounds interesting. Something I can look into if I ever get to retire! LOL!

      Delete
  4. Dolly is the best. How could one not love Dolly? She is terrific.

    Dolly Parton's "Here I Am" documentary streaming Netflix is a must-see as is her "Heartstrings"...eight individual vignettes based on her own songs, also streaming on Netflix. It is wonderful...both of the above are truly wonderful.

    I hope you had a very happy, loving Thanksgiving, Kay. Take good care. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our son was able to visit us and he gave us a concert. Some were covers and some were songs he had written. So wonderful. It was just before his birthday too, so that makes it special.
      I hope you have seen Dolly in the film "9 to 5". So funny!

      Delete
    2. Yes...I saw "9 to 5'...many years ago...a couple of times. Dolly has a new movie out for this Christmas, too. :)

      Delete
  5. Liked the song. Fan of the Bangles years ago and many other girl groups like Bananarama, Alisha's Attic and Shakespeare's Sister.
    Biggest UK girl group now is apparently Little Mix and I just think why?????????? Not a catchy tune to be found there at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't understand what passes for music these days. If that makes me sound like an old fuddy-duddy, so be it!
      Fuddy-duddy. Yep, if you use that word, you must be one! HA!

      Delete
  6. Hope you had a blessed and beautiful Thanksgiving! You always pick the best music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH! I just wish I could post the music on here that is from our son! Maybe one day and you will be thanking me all day long!
      Take care!

      Delete
  7. You always deliver the best music and stories and history. I don't understand the mask problem folks seem to have. Maybe because wearing one for almost 50yrs in surgery makes it no big deal to me. I know wearing one makes a difference. If folks think masks aren't necessary maybe if they or a loved one had surgery the team could do that without wearing a mask. Sneezing at the operating room table is not unheard of. Coughing too. Runny noses too. Just sayin'! Hope these last few days of November are good for you. We're gearing up for our first real snowfall this week. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy that your Jack is back home! And watch out in that snow! Keep Jack in his comfy chair and stay safe and warm. Blessings on you!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jan! All the best to you too. Take care.

      Delete
  9. I love your autumn bonsai, Kay. I had a Forthagilla in my backyard in Illinois, but the bunnies somehow found it delicious. Yay for Dolly Parton!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I did have that bonsai! It is at the Monastery.
      You look so darn cute in that mask, Kay. You are a doll to have made so many. You are like Dolly! :-)

      Delete
  10. oh my goodness, you had me chuckling with the Maxine rhyme!! Yes, it is great that Dolly is helping out with the vaccine cause. I love your little bonsai! The pretty plants and that lovely butterfly are breathtaking! Loved the music video!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, I am glad that I made someone chuckle today!
      As I said above, the bonsai is not ours but I do appreiciate beauty wherever I see it! Glad you liked the video. I drive folks crazy with YouTube music! Take care!!

      Delete