Thursday, April 4, 2024

Tornado!

 



We had a tornado in the early hours of the morning yesterday here in Rockdale County, Georgia where we live!  Thankfully, there were no injuries or deaths but lots of property damage.  Here is a video for you....


Conyers tornado damage: 'Priceless' family photos rescued | 11alive.com


UPDATE:  After I posted this, I saw on the news that there were two injuries. I hope they are not too severe, and those two people will recover quickly. I am surprised there were not more injuries.


We have friends who live in this neighborhood.  Once again, we are thankful that they got through this storm with only limbs down in their yard. 

This county had one of the worst tornadoes in Georgia history.  It was back in 1973 and trust me, no weather radar or warnings in those days. Here is a link to that-  Rockdale marks 40 years since worst tornado in history | News | rockdalenewtoncitizen.com


You can bet that I pay strict attention to any weather warnings!

Take care, everyone!  Do any of you watch the TV coverage of the Masters Golf Tournament from Augusta and admire the azaleas and dogwood trees? Guess what, they are like that all over Georgia!  (My photos aren't that great, but they are so pretty.)





12 comments:

  1. Lovely photos. Over here it is still a little cold and rainy. Few flowers have bothered to appear yet.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring will come for you too. Just hope it won't involve storms! Take care and thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  2. I can't even imagine experiencing a tornado like that -- how scary it must be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is scary to see this pop up on the TV screen, showing the tornado heading your way and the very serious look on the weather person's face!

      Delete
  3. We have lots of tornados here in Ohio so I feel your pain! I'm glad you and family were OK. Last year my azaleas didn't bloom because they got frosted so I'm hoping for a better show this year. Our Dogwoods usually do well and all the blooming should come our way in another month or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Spring will come sometime!! Think of me when you see the Masters on TV! I won't be there but I will be in Georgia with the exact same blooms!

      Delete
  4. It's me, Meike - as is sometimes the case, I can't seem to comment any other way but anonymously today (in spite of being signed in, of course!).
    Anyway - I am glad that I don't live in an area prone to tornados, earthquakes, flooding or any such thing; I don't think I could stand the constant worry and fear. But with climate change, more extreme weather has come to my part of the world, too; even if it's just a weekend in early April with temperatures you'd expect in July. Good to know neither you nor your friends suffered personal injury or damage to your property!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very often, the stormy weather will come from the west so Alabama will get the worst of it. Still, Georgia gets its fair share. As you say, with climate change it seems that anything goes.

      Delete
  5. Unfortunately access is denied to your videos but, having seen plenty of tornado videos on the news I think I can get the general idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Graham! It sure was a scary thing to see that tornado headed our way.

      Delete
  6. Tornados are scary enough. When you see the damage they cause they become terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one here in 1973 was a bad one. We have much better warnings now.

      Delete