Thursday, March 28, 2024

Song Memory/Happy Anniversary Wishes

 



"In The Pines"!  Oh goodness, how this brings back memories for me.

I hope you are able to see the video that I have here for you of Dolly Parton singing this song along with her family.  "In The Pines" is one of the many songs that my Granddaddy used to sing.   The funny thing, he was a really good singer but when he had to sing around other people, he would become a bit shy and would sing very quietly, so that you could hardly hear him.  My grandmother would also become much quieter and would often put her hand over her mouth when she laughed. It surprised me to watch this video and see how Dolly's parents were like this too! Watching this was like going back in time. Isn't it funny how just one little song can bring back memories?  Has this happened to you, by hearing just one song?

Look, here I am getting in the way of Richard's photos again!









That is the diamorpha in the first photo (the red stuff) and that is coral honeysuckle in the second photo!  I was so pleased to identify the coral honeysuckle, I have never seen it before.  Both of these are native to this area.  It is a great interest of mine to walk and to search for wildflowers.

---------------------------------

Before March is over, I wanted to say "Happy Anniversary" to my son and daughter-in-law!  Remember they got married last year in March?  If you didn't see the post about it, you can see it just here!

I titled it "Here Comes The Son".  Can you believe it, it says that this is my most viewed post!


There is a photo for you!  Did I take this or did Richard?  Let's say that I did! LOL!


I am certain that I took this one!  Don't they look so very happy? Besides loving Sarah's wedding dress, I love this photo because it shows off the color of Christopher's tie. 


If you are asked to make dough balls, make some heart shaped! You know I can!  (And I have to make mine gluten free too and they are still good!)  Oh, and Dolly Parton has come out with cake mixes now! Sigh, if only she would make some of them gluten free!

Take care, my friends!



15 comments:

  1. It's funny how some people with great voices just don't feel they can sing in public.

    It looks like spring is well underway where you are, those are lovely photos.

    I wish your son and his sweetheart many happy returns of their anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is certainly Spring! Thanks for the well wishes. x

      Delete
  2. Dolly Parton was and is brilliant - she's funny, clever, has a heart of gold AND can sing - my God, can she sing!! I love that video where she makes those funny remarks to put everyone at ease at the beginning. If I heard it right, she mentions "Little brown jug" - now that's a favourite of mine, but not sung by anyone - instead, I love the Glenn Miller version :-D
    Christopher and Sarah are a lovely couple, and I remember your post about their wedding well. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dolly Parton is a brilliant songwriter and as you say, has a heart of gold! I have always loved her and folks used to make fun of me! I don't care, I like it when the world comes around to my way of thinking. LOL! I LOVE Glenn Miller version too! I hope you have seen the film where he was portrayed by Jimmy Stewart, so good!
      Thanks for the anniversary well wishes! x

      Delete
  3. Yes, music is such a powerful source of involuntary memory triggers. And Happy 1st Anniversary to your son and daughter-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dang, I meant to mention you and have a link to your blog post where you mentioned memory triggers. That is what I am like these days. "I meant to, I forgot, etc...." I am old! Thanks for the well wishes!

      Delete
  4. What a happy occasion to celebrate! Those are beautiful pictures of the happy couple. May they always be happy in their life together. Spring is a time to find wildflowers here. I've never seen the red honeysuckle but it is gorgeous ! Happy Good Friday to you and may your Easter be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to tell you - Love, ma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That red honeysuckle stopped me in my tracks! It is a NATIVE and I was that surprised to see it. Hope you had a beautiful Easter. x

      Delete
  6. You surely know that songs switch on the lights of memories for me. It is so many songs that I can't name just one. It seems like every song I hear is related to a certain time of my life.
    We call them dough gobs. They are sooooooooooooo good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really isn't easy to bake gluten free. When our son was growing up, if he tasted something that was good, he would say, "Is this gluten free?" with a sound of wonder in his voice. So often it was terrible! LOL!

      Delete
  7. My Dad played guitar and sang and always made it fun. I did not inherit his voice but I do have songs that bring back memories of my youth and family. Happy Anniversary to your son and his lovely wife! Have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you lost your Dad at a young age so I know there must be songs that are bittersweet to hear, my friend. Yet, you will always have that music in your heart! Thanks for the anniversary wishes! And hope you had a blessed Easter. x

      Delete
  8. Christopher and Sarah are such a beautiful couple. I'm so glad they have found happiness together. I love Dolly, but have not heard that song before. How lovely to see and hear her with her family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dolly has always been close to her family and has never shied away from showing her country/mountain roots! I love her for that! C & S are very happy and I do think that shows! :-)
      Aloha! They will read these comments, I am sure. Thank you!

      Delete