Friday, April 26, 2024

April- Amazing in 2024

 

It pleases me to tell you that I consider the whole month of April as my birthday month. Think about it, why not?  If someone says to me, "Oh, I can't see you on that date or I will be out of town". Then, I say, "Oh, no worries- I celebrate it for the entire 30 days!  Isn't that sensible? I think the whole world should come around to my way of thinking!  


Here in Georgia at the beginning of April, buds are just coming out on the trees. Within two weeks, the leaves are almost fully out and by the end of April, it looks like summer! It astonishes me every year- EVERY SINGLE YEAR.  Flowers suddenly burst into bloom and honestly, is that not the very best thing one can have for a birthday?

I have some photos for you here, I hope you will like!







The pink azaleas in our yard must have really liked the rains we have had; this was about the best showing EVER.

I saw a tiny pot at the reduced section of a local nursery. Poppies! It's on my front steps now! How joyful to see the buds POP open! They really do, you know.


I was very excited to spot this!  It is coral honeysuckle, and it is native! It was beside one of our walking trails. In strong sunlight here, you can't really see how bright red it is! The hummingbirds love it.  So do I.



Hey! Can you spot me in the photo?  That is a rock outcrop, beside the same walking trail.  It is just like the granite rock that I have shown you from Arabia Mountain. That is why this county is called ROCKDALE County!  The red that you see are plants called "diamorpha". When people see them, they wonder about the "red stuff"!







Don't know about anyone else but there is so much going on these days, I feel the need for a peaceful kind of song. "Take Me On", the big hit by A-ha from 1985 might not be the first song that comes to mind, but I hope you can hear the video that I have here of someone singing and playing the very song.  How different it sounds when it is played slowly!  (Don't get me wrong, I love both versions.) I notice the young man doesn't even attempt the highest notes but hey, that's perfectly fine by me.  David Hayden is his name. I think he sings and plays with great heart and soul. I love it!   

"Heart and Soul". Do you know that is the only song that I can play on the piano? Am I the only one? Hey, it's a good one! Someone showed me how to play it when I was a very little girl. I have never forgotten it.  

Hope you are all doing well, my friends! April is almost over now, so I hope you are enjoying it wherever you are in this world of ours!

 Peace.










24 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Month! Still got a few days of celebrating to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debra! Ha ha, I still have a bit of my month left!

      Delete
  2. Peace, Kay, and love to you!
    A good idea to consider the entire month your birthday month. When my Mum turned 70, she had an entire week of celebrating - with us, then the wider circle of family and friends, and even her friends from Australia came for a surprise visit (only known to my sister and me). THAT was a week to remember! This year she'll be 80, and with quite a few friends and family members gone, things will be on a smaller scale.

    I like it very much that the young man does not attempt to sound like Morten. Instead, he puts his own style, voice and personality into it. When you can't hit the high notes properly, best not hit them at all!
    Are you on Netflix? If yes, I recommend you watch the documentary about the 1985 recording of "We Are The World". It is called "The Greatest Night in Pop" and you can find out a lot about it here on wikipedia:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Greatest_Night_in_Pop
    There were all these stars, having just one night to record the song. Quincy Jones directed them, and he told them for the chorus NOT to sing the high notes if they weren't in their range, and NOT to do any harmonizing or octaveing, but simply SHUT UP and join in again with the rest when they were within their range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I do remember your Mum's 70th birthday. What a wonderful party with surprise visitors from Australia! Please remember to say "happy 80th" to her from me this year!
      Oh yes indeed, I saw "We Are The World"! You know I loved it! I thought they did a great job herding all those singers into a great bunch, and they did it overnight! Huey Lewis, Bruce Springsteen and Dione Warwick were some I especially enjoyed. What about Stevie Wonder imitating Bob Dylan? Extraordinary! Anything to do with music like that has my special interest!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Month. Your pink azaleas are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The pink azaleas were just so pretty and flouncy, like petticoats on girls' dresses from the 1960's!

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday Kay - I do the same thing - celebrate all February - so good idea! You still have a couple days left.
    Your flowers and plants are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! You see, we can start a "thing" and have birthday parties for the whole month!!

      Delete
  5. Spring is easily my favourite time of year as well. Sunny but not too warm and humid. No flies or other winged biters yet. No sheep ticks.
    Stuff coming up everywhere. It's terrific! Happy birthday!!!! Bob. BSS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bob! Our spring doesn't last too long before all the mosquitoes and biters are out, so we have to enjoy it while we can!!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. John! So lovely to see your comment, thanks so much!!

      Delete
  7. I used to be able to play the piano... I had lessons for a few years when I was a kid...nowadays I can't play a note, and nor do I have a piano, which probably helps in my not playing! :)

    The blossoms are lovely.

    May every day be a lovely day...all month long, all year long. Yes...I am a dreamer! :)

    Happy, Happy Birthday all month long! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for the birthday wishes, my fellow dreamer and music lover! x

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous flowers and Happy Birthday month! -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! The azaleas are gorgeous. Have a wonderful birthday month, Kay! April is a happy month to have a birthday celebration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Thanks for the birthday wishes for MY month! LOL!
      Makes me happy to see your comment here, my fellow KAY! x

      Delete
  10. Makes a lot of sense to celebrate the whole month :) ... Especially nowadays (getting older) I usually prefer quality time with a few people to large gatherings anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy, me and you both! I've always felt a bit uncomfortable around large crowds. Hope you are doing well these days!

      Delete
  11. I wish you many happy returns of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you had a wonderful birthday month of April.

    Taking time to wish you a happy month of May.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you and thank you! Happy May to you!

      Delete