Monday, November 13, 2023

The Dimpker Brothers/Amazing Autumn

 



Since I wrote my last post about "Now and Then" by the Beatles- I might as well write some more about it! Did you know that it is now number ONE in the charts in the UK? Not only that it is the fastest selling single of this year in the UK. It has broken a record for being the longest gap between the first and last number one single for any musical artist/group.  Isn't that wonderful? Even better for me is the thought of young people hearing it and liking it too. The Beatles are for all generations!

I hope you can hear the cover version by The Dimpker Brothers. They are actual brothers from Sweden, and I think they are really good. Just them singing and playing on their guitars, nothing fancy just a beautiful melody with amazing vocals. Have you heard of any other covers of this song that you like? Let me know!


November has been amazing with our autumn colors! The hickory trees are golden, the sourwoods are a lovely red or peach color, and the red maples are the brightest red you can imagine! (I don't blame you Canada, I would put that on my flag if I could!)










Aren't Richard's photos just gorgeous? You know I love them too! I must admit that I do ask him to take several shots, including this last one from the Kroger parking lot....



Hope you are all doing well and finding joy in nature and wherever you can!

24 comments:

  1. There was speculation on the news that the only other group which might equal or break the Beatles' new "60 year gap" record would be the Rolling Stones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to remember that fact about the longest gap between 1st and last number one hits for a band or artist - it's the kind of thing that typcially comes up in a pub quiz :-D

    Like you, I just can't get enough of the beautiful autumn colours this year. Even on a grey day, they brighten up their surroundings. I try to do the same :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you watched "Stranger Things" you would remember the song "Running Up That Hill" by Kate Bush was in the background on the show and it became a #1 hit after....36 years and 310 days after its first release. It went to # 3 in the 1980's. So, this single by The Beatles broke that record. (There, in case THAT comes up in your trivia quiz!)

      Delete
  3. The song is beautiful but the trees are even more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trees have been so beautiful. In that one photo of me, my head looks huge but I think it is because I am looking straight up at that tree!

      Delete
  4. It is beautiful here too. The sun is shining and the colors with the blue sky behind are even more beautiful. I do agree about the Beatles, their songs are for all generations. I haven't heard anyone else sing their tunes, but I'm sure they would be doing the Beatles a great honor. Enjoy today ! This beautiful time of year will soon be a thing of the past. Love, ma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, the leaves are falling rapidly! Take care and see beauty of all the seasons. x

      Delete
  5. Kay, those are some gorgeous fall colors! Love them! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! So wonderful to see your comment here! I am glad you are doing well and keeping busy with all the good things in life, my friend!

      Delete
  6. My son and I agree that the Dimpker Brothers cover of Now And Then is better than the original. It sounds more like an older Beatles song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard of them before but when I heard this video, I had to share it here. They are very good, indeed. I read a bit more about them and apparently, they are well in demand as guitarists with different bands. I know good when I hear it!!

      Delete
  7. Love the song by these young men. Lovely voices. Your colors are amazing! We've had a pretty Fall too. It came around slow but then it was blooming everywhere! Still a few trees around that really stick out among the leafless ones. Have a good rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was slow here too, I wonder if that was due to the very warm temps? Never mind, when it came it came in great beauty and with much admiration from me!

      Delete
  8. The Beatles continue to amaze us, don't they.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are right, the pictures are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enlarged that one of the trees reflected in the lake. That might not even be the best one that he took. Richard has such a great eye.

      Delete
  10. What beautiful leaves. Ours have also been exceptionally colourful this year. T. said that it might be something to do with the weather - the leaves have fallen later this year too and the ones left on the trees are the ones which are the brightest. I don't really pretend to understand it! But lovely, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem to vary somewhat each year, the color of the leaves, I mean but no matter what I always love them!

      Delete
  11. Your Autumn colours are wonderful.
    Wishing you a happy weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks, Jan! Hope you have had a great weekend too! x

      Delete
  12. As a Floridian with no Fall tree color, I especially thank you for the wonderful nature shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Autumn was truly spectacular! I love the change of color on the trees, so pretty every single year.

      Delete