Tuesday, April 14, 2020

What If


"What If"...those two words can be wistful or hopeful. Let's go with hopeful!  Please listen to this song, "What If"! I hope you like it as much as I do.  (At the 1:29 mark, you will see Roger Federer...I love him!)





If you know that I love music, you must also know that I love sports! That must be from my Dad, I can just hear him saying, "Turn on the TV, there must be a ballgame on somewhere!" And there almost always was! Not now, of course during the lock down, although if you see a ballgame of any kind on television, it will be a repeat from even years past.  

Baseball for example, it seems strange not to see the Atlanta Braves on TV.  They are showing the games from last season though. It's nice to listen to them when I am doing something else. It is a comfort to me, especially at this time.

I have enjoyed listening to artists performing from their living rooms. One of them is Alistair Griffin, he was a protege of Robin Gibb, from the Bee Gees. (I hope you all love the Bee Gees! Sadly, Barry Gibb is the only remaining Bee Gee but we still have their music. That will never die.) Now, I hope you will watch the video that I have for you. Sigh...I do miss seeing sports figures in slow motion with music in the background. I told you I like sports!
Of course, there will be no Wimbledon this year, but I see that they will show some matches from years past...what do you bet they will show Andy Murray winning Wimbledon from 2013?  I also hope they show some of  the matches between John McEnroe and Bjorn Borg. (The one from 1980! Wow!)  

My friends, if you have made it through this far- I have to tell you that my birthday is tomorrow! Yes, it is! How old is Georgia Girl With An English Heart? Old enough not to tell you my age! HA! (Georgia GIRL, I know...get a lawyer and sue me! Hee hee!)

I hope that those of you who are staying home are keeping busy and remembering to exercise even if you are not going out! You might be tempted to overindulge in sweets but you really need to eat healthy foods. It is important! And for those who are still working in essential jobs, remember about the social distancing and the washing of the hands. (And those who are at home, you might still have to go out too, so YOU do the same!)  I still think it is best to wear masks, you all know that I do! Stay safe, everyone!  I would mother the world, if I could.


Hope it won't be long until we are back on track again!



Just counted the word "love" four times in this post and "hope" is mentioned seven times.  Perhaps I should go back and change the wording? No way.  Love and hope always!

22 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful, WONDERFUL birthday tomorrow, Kay! 29 again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debra. 29? Yeah, we can say that. :-)

      Delete
  2. Love and hope, two powerful words. They occur very often in the Bible, along with joy and rejoice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love and hope. Joy and Rejoice.
      Power in the words.

      Delete
  3. You are right not to change the words of your post, Kay.
    Sports on TV has never much been my thing, but I do know some people really love it, and that's fine - as long as I can do other things while they are watching :-) Having said that, back in 2006, Steve asked me to sit and watch a football (soccer) match with him; it was England playing I can't remember which other country. I did, and found it entertaining enough to watch a few more of the "important" games when either England or Germany were playing.
    I love how you and your Dad used to talk on the phone while watching a game, that must be such fond memories for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meike! I did so very much enjoy watching the baseball games as I had my Dad on the phone at the same time. A very fond memory, indeed.
      I might have told you, I watched so much sports at one time, I learned how to crochet so I had something to show for the time spent in front of the TV! (Men don't seem to have that guilt, I notice!)
      :-) AND thanks very much for the "hearts" card! I LOVE IT!!

      Delete
  4. I have to admit I'm quite enjoying the lock down at the moment. Empty roads for cycling, quieter shops, empty streets for walking, more time to enjoy spring sunshine, and when we do eventually recover the extra sense of freedom after months of confinement should feel great as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "May you always be blessed with Love and Freedom."
      If you look at one of the posts on the side of my blog, "Col. Ben Purcell and Anne Purcell". Col. Purcell wrote that inscription to me in my copy of the book that they wrote together. That means a lot to me. He was a POW in Vietnam for 5 1/2 years. Reading your words above, that reminds me of him.

      Delete
  5. Love and hope always, you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! I so enjoyed the beach picture today ! Love and hope are so important especially these days! Hope you enjoy your special day! Love the music !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And glad you like the music also.

      Delete
  7. It is now tomorrow. I hope that you have a very happy Birthday and good health for the year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Graham! And good health is wished for you also!

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday!! You'll never age as long as you're young at heart!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday, Kay! Aloha from Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, Kay! I don't mind telling my birthday and I'm quite a bit older than you are! I agree with Ed's comment and I think you will always be young at heart. Love and hope! They are what keep us going, not only these days, but always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Young at heart and love and hope, I love your positive vibes! THAT must be what keeps you young!
      Take care! And thank you!

      Delete
  11. I'm not much into sports and so don't miss that they're not on, but hubby sure does. He did laugh the other day when watching a 7 year old football game, followed by an even older golf tournament that it's fine watching when you know how it ends, cause you're BP doesn't go up, lol. I'm keeping busy with my knitting, crocheting, and blogging. Not much outside stuff, still too cold, and or wet. We've had LOTS of rain. But, am trying to work out indoors daily. He's working from home and is probably going to continue to do that for awhile even as they talk about opening things up again. stay well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still working and I am also crocheting! I just counted, and I have crocheted a dozen face masks! Only about two of them are any good. OH well! At least I am trying! We had a very stormy EAster day in the South and we are promised the same for this Sunday. Wish us luck! Take care in your part of the country and stay healthy! xx

      Delete