Thursday, March 26, 2020

Dhani Harrison (The Inner Light 2020)








Just mentioned Dhani Harrison on my last post and then, I saw this video today!  Dhani Harrison (son of George Harrison, if you didn't see my last post!) is singing his father's song, "The Inner Light". The Material World Foundation (founded by George Harrison in 1973) today donated $500,000 to the MusiCares Covid -19 Relief Fund, Save the Children and Doctors Without Borders Charities, all of which are providing aid during the Covid -19 pandemic.  In addition, Material World Foundation will donate another $1.00 (up to $100,000) for every one of you who shares their own "inner light" moment on social media using the hash tag #innerlight2020
You don't have to do the whole song, it can be a verse, a chorus or a line from the song. You can sing it, chant it, hum it or paint it! Just do it and post it to social media with the hash tag  #innerlight2020
You know I asked our son to sing this song on the guitar and to post it to social media!  Please let me know if any of you are able to do so!  
OH! And please make sure to watch the video above! You MUST wait until the end and see Dhani Harrison smile at the camera!
You can read more about the Material World Foundation at their website just here.

                       I want my time with you...this is at the St. Pancras Station in London.
Here is a close up of the clock. Isn't it beautiful?

10 comments:

  1. A wonderful song, performance and smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debra has said it all in her comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a nice way idea to listen to music and raise money too.

      Delete
  3. When he smiles at the end, he really looks like his father. Sounds like a wonderful organization. Not one I had heard of before. Thank you for enlightening us. So much going on in the world right now is scary, it's nice to hear something good. Not sure I ever noticed before ...or perhaps I've forgotten over time. How did you and your penpal get connected in the first place...when you started writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree with you Sandy, he looks very much like his Dad! And Richard and I first wrote to each other in 1974. We had a French pen pal and then, the teacher, just to be fun,asked us who wanted to have another penpal from another country, just to be fun...you know we all said we would! So, I got Richard's name. It was destiny! (Richard was only supposed to get letters in either French or German to keep up his studies. He was surprised to get one from Georgia, USA.)

      Delete
  4. Oh gosh! He really does look like his father!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I am glad you waited to see him at the end.

      Delete
  5. Dhani is definitely George's son. He looks as if he has a sweet spirit.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A sweet spirit...yes, indeed, the apple does not fall far from the tree and I must say that his mother, George's widow is someone very special too. Do you remember the story when George was battling cancer and someone broke into their home and his wife, Olivia took a lamp and hit the burglar over the head and chased him off? (I might have the details wrong, this is what I remember.) Anyway, their son has her strong spirit too, I am sure! Love to you in Florida, Janie! x

      Delete