Sunday, June 30, 2024

1969 Music/Funny Photos/ "The Long Charade"

 



If you are as old as I am, you will remember 1969.  Can you remember all the music from that year? Our son was NOT around in 1969, yet he must know more about that year's music than I do.  He recently wrote not one but two pieces regarding that year's music! The first one about the beautiful, beguiling folk music is just here.  The second piece is of the epic rock masterpieces from 1969- you may read it just here! 

10 beautiful, beguiling and bold folk albums from 1969 (audiophix.com)

15 epic and influential American rock albums from 1969 (audiophix.com)



Just in case, I have the links above also!  


Okay folks, seen anything funny or unusual lately? Sometimes, things will just catch my eye and I wonder if anyone else notices. Did Walmart just run out of display boxes that they had to use a pesticide one in order to store these green bean seeds? "Kills fast- Up to 12 months!". Maybe people did notice this, it doesn't look as if anyone wants to buy these seeds! (Or maybe they only saw the price, $3.74 for seeds!)


















This minion was on the back of a truck. I had to take a photo! Can you see that it is made of all kinds of tools and truck parts? So clever!


The next two photos are from the Chattanooga Train Station! I loved the old telephone booth.  The entire train station has now been restored or else, is still in the process of being restored. Since this post began with music, I might as well end this with a music trivia question. What was the very first gold record?  (Hint: this train station should give you a clue!)  Yes! It was "Chattanooga Choo Choo" by Glenn Miller and His Orchestra from 1942 which sold 1.2 million copies. There, see the things you learn from me? 






 




Please do read the music articles that Christopher wrote about on Audio Phix!  The first one about folk music has had, thousands of views!  And the second one, even if you don't have time to read it all, make sure you go to the end where he gives you his review of what he considers the best album of 1969. He truly put so much passion into it, it's simply wonderful how much knowledge he has about music! (You will have to read it now, to know what he considers the top album!)


OH! And I almost forgot, here is a video for you.  Now, the sound quality is not the best but it is Christopher from about 10 years ago and he and his friend, Tim wrote this song and performed it. Both were on guitars and both are singing.  "The Long Charade". (Typical guys, I think I would have put the camera down with something showing other than a heater vent! LOL!) Hey, that goes along with my funny photos!




Take care everyone! Keep finding amusement in the world...and music!







6 comments:

  1. I was 12 in 1969 and into music, as most adolescents are at that age. I was a big fan of Joni Mitchell's "Clouds" (mentioned in your son's first article) and of CCR (mentioned in his secong article). And "Chatanooga Choo Choo" is a favourite wartime big band song of mine too! Also, minions rock. I'm looking forward to the new movie this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was 16 and in high school. I loved Clouds too. Do kids of today know what a phone booth is? I love minions too - cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Son of Georgia Girl. Peace, Love, and Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard most of the folk LPs at one time or another except Ralph McTell. Not a fan of his but do like Joni, especially her earlier work. She painted most if not all of her album covers herself then swapped to painting as her main interest later on. Bob. BSS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is so much good music, and so little time. Just like with books.

    The pictures from the train station are wonderful, I'm glad it's being restored.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I love the old wooden phone booth. I don't want to use one but I miss seeing them.

    ReplyDelete