Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Glenn Tilbrook at Smith's Olde Bar- Sept. 18, 2013

 
Guess what?!  Glenn Tilbrook from Squeeze was at Smith's Olde Bar on Sept. 18th.
I couldn't make it but I found a video on YouTube for you... go on and watch it and do the dance that he instructs you to do...you know you want to!  What fun! I so wish that I could have been there and been one of those he asked to come up on the stage with him!
 You can't help but notice that there are some really, really BAD singers that are singing along with him. (You can hear this even more on some of the other songs on YouTube.)  The main thing that I want you to see is the absolute joy that is generated on this stage by the musical talent of Glenn Tilbrook. 

Anybody else notice that Smith's Olde Bar is the same place where my son's band, The Sevens performed just a few days earlier?  Okay, they were in the lower level where they have the new bands but still...

Leaving you with a photo of a new trail at Panola Mountain. The trail is quite wide, it almost looks like a road, doesn't it?  Can't wait for all those trees to turn to their autumn colors!



17 comments:

  1. You are right-there is a lot of joy on that stage. What a beautiful image at the end there, Kay- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very happy you watched the video, I hope you danced too!
      You would love this trail, it's quite hilly at times, but beautiful!

      Delete
  2. His voice hasn't changed much. The others might not sing so well, but it looks like a fun time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Glenn Tilbrook's voice is GREAT, but I am afraid some of those in the audience... Still, as you say, it looks like they all had fun!

      Delete
  3. Fun, fun, fun this video!! You really can feel the joy and energy he created on that stage. I love when there's a healthy dose of silliness involved... Beautiful photo of the new path!! Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't this great? I SO wish I could have been there! Maybe he will come back and Richard and I can see him then. You would love this path, Richard took the photo, of course!! xx

      Delete
  4. That's quite a trail. I suppose the yellow stripe keeps you from bumping into hikers coming the other way. Does it really help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it is really the BIKERS that you have to watch for, not the HIKERS!
      Those on bikes don't realize that you really cannot hear them coming up behind you and you can be really startled by them. (Bells are nice but even, "on your left" would be appreciated, as long as it is not BARKED at you!)

      Delete
  5. I took in the U-Tube of "I Can Get Funky Enough". It was a lot of fun; "ole-time" rock-n-roll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I love that one too! But I really love all of them and think that they should be playing on the radio RIGHT NOW!
      Thanks so much for listening to THE SEVENS! If you do Facebook, then you can "like" them!
      Thanks for your comment! :-)

      Delete
    2. Oh! And I meant to say that while I agree with you that it sounds like good old rock & roll, it was written (music and lyrics) by my son, Christopher and his friend on drums, Jim. It's a new song, it's just a very good one!!

      Delete
  6. That music really makes you want to move which is great! That is such a lovely place to go biking. I wish I could.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you danced to it too, Kay! You know I did!!
      You would LOVE this trail!! It's great for biking but it IS quite hilly! xx

      Delete
  7. I was just on that trail early in the week... it goes from the covered bridge to the Nature Center... I've got photos on my Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean the barn? This is the trail from the barn to the Nature Center, we walked it this weekend! (The covered bridge is closer to Arabia Mountain, it is very close to the Arabia Mountain High School, if you know where that is.)
      I have a photo from last year on my blog of the covered bridge...I think I did a post about kindness and included that photo.

      Delete
  8. I was just on that trail early in the week... it goes from the covered bridge to the Nature Center... I've got photos on my Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do Facebook but I will look over the shoulder of someone who does and see if I can see your photos!

      Delete