Monday, December 18, 2023

Please Come Home for Christmas

 





Just a few photos here from Conyers, Georgia! In that last photo, I am on a bench with Santa in front of the old train depot which is now used as a welcome center.  (Can you see the train tracks behind the fence? No passenger trains now, but freight trains rumble through on a regular basis!)  At one time, the depot was in danger of being torn down, but a group of citizens banded together, and it was saved. (It has been used in quite a few films. I was pleased to recognize it in a movie with Melissa McCarthy and Jason Bateman. It was "Identity Thief". Watch it when you can! It is very funny!) Also, the theater group here used to have plays in the depot. When a train came through, the actors would freeze in place until the train has passed! That always got a round of applause! Now, the actors have their own little theater in town, and I am pleased to tell you that our friends gave us tickets to see a performance- A Christmas Cabaret! (By the New Depot Players.)

I have been driving everyone crazy humming the songs ever since the show. Want to know some of the songs? 


A group of the men were grouped around a bar, and they started singing a great song that was a big hit for the Eagles!  I found a video for you which I think you will really like! (Please bear with me on this video, there is some talking at first but it's well worth the wait for the song!) "Please Come Home for Christmas".



Don Henley mentions the songwriter's name is Charles Brown. I found ANOTHER video that has Charles Brown himself singing his song!  I find it interesting that not very much was changed when the Eagles did it.  I don't blame them. It is a great song!

So, I have only told you just ONE of the songs from the concert! I have more! To be continued....  Happy Christmas to all!





12 comments:

  1. That's a GREAT Christmas heartbreak song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you sang along with both versions. You know I did.

      Delete
  2. I have always loved Don Henley and have several of his songs. He is a fantastic singer/writer. Loved the movie Identity Thief, too. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, Kay. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Diana! Don't you just love the Eagles!! Guess what? I found Hamlet chocolate here in Georgia! You know I bought some as presents. (You sent me a box once, and I have looked for it every since!)

      Delete
  3. Love your photos, the song and your cheerful post altogether, Kay!
    Your Peanuts nativity scene reminds me of the "Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown!" movie from, I think, the 1960s. I found it on AppleTV a while ago and watched it all on my own on a quiet evening after a very busy day. I did remember most of it from when I was a kid, but it was nicer now to watch it again, in the original version (when it was on German TV, of course it was dubbed for the German audience).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I must have written about the Charlie Brown Christmas special before! It was first shown on TV in 1965. It was a favorite at our house, year after year! (My Daddy loved it most of all, I think!!) I am so glad you heard it in with the original voices in English, because the voices are so dear to me! Do you remember me doing a post that after this special came out, it basically killed all aluminum Christmas tree sales in the USA! Also, I have a CD with the music from this show and it is my favorite music to listen to before Christmas! (That one and the music from the Nutcracker.) And I must be cheerful, tis the season to be jolly! LOL!!

      Delete
  4. Who wouldn't come home to a big blue frog? I miss trains. I have often lived near tracks and even once moved to another state by train.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The frog is made of copper and not sure if you remember, but I once wrote about the statues being stolen from a Veterans' Memorial Park. The thieves also stole this frog statue! Thankfully, the police were able to track down the crooks and recover both the frog and the vets statues!

      Delete
  5. Merry Cnristmas to you. That is my wish every Christmas that my children will come home so we can all be together. I love the song and Charlie Brown! Over the years I've watched many of his specials.
    And a very Happy New Year too! Love, ma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember when they would only show the Charlie Brown shows just that one time and you had to make sure what night or you would MISS it!! Hope you have a lovely Christmas and a happy new year too! xx

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you got to go see the production. I pray you and your family have a blessed and beautiful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete