Monday, September 28, 2026

Yellow Daisies /Everyday People

 





September is the month for the native yellow flowers that I have shown you before! They are called yellow daisies, but they are technically sunflowers! {Here is a link -What’s a Daisy? Arabia Mountain - Arabia Mountain ) They are not the great big sunflowers that you are thinking about, those are beautiful too, but these are smaller and they have the most beautiful fragrance! Years ago, I was able to see them blooming beside the road. I made a careful note of where they were, and I went back there and collected the seeds. I cautiously planted them in a pot and hoped for the best. Sure enough, they all came up! They re-seeded and now, I have small spots in my yard with blooming yellow flowers! (Thanks to Richard who watered them when he recognized the leaves when they first emerged.)  They are not as big as they normally are, and not as tall either but they are still lovely to me.  All the photos above are from our yard. 

 And here is one that came up around our bird bath....



Now, if you have been reading my blog before, you will remember them from Stone Mountain, Arabia Mountain and Panola Mountain! Below is a photo from Arabia Mountain from a few years back...



We were just there on Saturday! A glorious day! It has cooled a bit and was very nice to be outside. The flowers are not as plentiful as the ones pictured above due to our drought, but they were still lovely. 

Please remember these are wildflowers! Isn't that amazing?

Here is the video that I have for you! Hope you love it as much as I do.  "Everyday People" with Dolly Parton and Kermit!  The one that I saw mentioned Lou Rawls, but I do hope that you know that the song was by Sly and the Family Stone. (Nothing against Lou Rauls but hey, folks need to get these things right!)  There is another video of "Everyday People" that I also want to share with you, but that will have to wait for another post!  

I have finally figured out that if I click on the feed on my blog, that I must do so TWICE in order to see my blogging friends. Anybody else having these problems?

Take care everyone!  








29 comments:

  1. I just love your photos! Yellow is such an inspiring color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we have truly had a very dry summer so, happy to see these!

      Delete
  2. I love Kermit and Dolly singing together. Our world is a sadder place without her. The flowers are great.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure that you know that Kermit was voiced by Jim Henson. What you might not know is that he is also one of my heroes, just like Dolly Parton. xx

      Delete
  3. Those flowers are so pretty and cheerful. Very smart of you to gather some seeds.
    I love Dolly and Kermit - this is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to emphasize that the seeds that I collected would have just dropped on the road, rather than on the ground. Since these plants drop their seeds, it is important to make sure that they re seed so we can enjoy them every year!

      Delete
  4. The flowers are very cheering, and so is Ms. Dolly’s voice no matter what she’s singing. I like Kermit, too, and loved The Muppet Show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't her voice amazing? And I love how she gives it her all, no matter what you hear her singing or with whom. I wonder how many people she sang with, or how many she helped. A lot, I think. xx

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always hear about Stone Mountain and the Daisy Festival. Beautiful daisies. Loved Dolly too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! The Yellow Daisy Festival at Stone Mountain is very well known. I do hope that you have gone there! You know I have!

      Delete
  7. Transplanting flowers does not always work, so you have done well here. These will brighten any garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard is the BEST gardener but guess what, he always leaves it to me for sowing any seeds. It might be the farming background of my family but putting seeds in soil just comes naturally to me!

      Delete
  8. Can't beat a great splash of colour in the landscape. Always cheers anyone up inside to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, and these yellow flowers are certainly sunny!

      Delete
  9. Those daisy's are beautifull Glad you got to grow some for your yard. I love the song with Dolly and kermit. Take care and enjoy this fall weather !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks! And so glad you enjoyed the video also!!

      Delete
  10. What a lovely splash of yellow those flowers provide!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a pleasure to look out upon these yellow blooms in my own yard!

      Delete
  11. Dear Kay, Dolly Parton and Kermit is delightful! Your photos are gorgeous and captivating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And it really makes me happy that you also liked the video!

      Delete
  12. The flowers are so cheerful, what a wonderful colour... and thanks for the video :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jan! Thank you! I loved your post recently showing the 100 year old man dancing to "KIng of the Road"! I was trying to leave a comment on your blog but was called away. Not sure it went through to you!

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. We see them every September and I never tire of them. xx

      Delete