Sunday, June 2, 2019

Story Songs- (On PBS in America-Don't Miss it!)










My friends, if you don't know one thing about me, know this: I love music! That is why I am so excited to tell you about a show on TV tonight in Atlanta on PBS. Channel 8 at 9:30PM.  (Check your local listings in the rest of the country and see when it will be shown where you live. And if you miss it tonight, I am sure they will repeat it).  "Story Songs" will be hosted by...wait for it...B. J. Thomas!  Remember when I told you that I was working on a post about him? What a voice!  The post about him will still be written but I just have to make sure you know about this TV show! If you go to the PBS site, you will see that this episode will have songs by Kenny Rogers, Jim Croce, Bobbie Gentry, Don McLean, Glen Campbell, and Gordon Lightfoot and they are just the ones that I saw in the 30 second trailer! Of course, I hope that B.J. Thomas will also have some of his songs on there too!

Did y'all know that I also have an Instagram account?  Uh...I am not that good on it yet, but I do have some followers and guess what...oh, I know you won't believe it...but B. J. Thomas is one of my followers! Yes, I know, and not only that but he LIKED some of my photos! When I asked my son if it truly was possible that B. J. himself followed me and liked my photos...he said that yes, of course, it was possible or it could be that someone in his entourage really handled his account and maybe that individual might show him photos and say, "Hey, B.J. what about this, do you like this?" And maybe, indirectly he follows me.  You know what? I'll take it! Insert huge smiley face here! 

"There's one thing I know...the blues they send to meet me, Won't defeat me. It won't be long til happiness steps up to greet me."

If you don't know any other B.J. Thomas hit song, I hope you know "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head" and you really should know all the words!  Look them up!  I gave you some of them above!

All of those singers that will be highlighted on this show are the kind of singers that I really admire and it is my kind of TV show.
I wonder if they might this make this into a regular series about music? I hope so!


By the way, I wish raindrops would fall on my head...we are needing rain badly in the Atlanta area! Take care everyone and let me know if you were able to see this TV show!

For my followers in other countries, look up those artists I gave you and check out their music.  You will thank me,

(Y'all know I can sing JUST like Bobbie Gentry!)


 I am NOT about to jump off Tallahatchie bridge in this photo. I am thrilled to see a sunset from Waterloo bridge in London! Love that view. So many expensive things to do in London, this was free.

And so funny to think of this...if you read this tomorrow, it will be the 3rd of June...which is the opening line of the song "Ode To Billie Jo" by Bobbie Gentry. (She not only sang that song but she also WROTE it.!)  What a voice! I hope you will listen to the video that I found for you...I really enjoyed it, looks like it is from the BBC!







26 comments:

  1. Very exciting news here...I missed the show but will be able to see it at my local station's website. Kay, what is the name on your instagram account? I tried to find it, but not successfully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kayrich83 It is not very exciting! Just like me HA HA!

      I hope you will like the show, I am looking forward to it.

      Delete
  2. "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head"

    "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" film...... Paul Newman rode a bicycle, while that music played!!!!!!!!!

    I loved that film, and saw it in theater, a "zillion" times! No DVD's back then. :-)

    It was the young Robert Redford, which was the draw, for me. ,-)

    Gentle hugs....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Absolutely loved that film and Robert Redford and Paul Newman too. I need to do posts about both of those actors!
      What about Robert Redford in "The Way We Were"? SWOON!
      xx

      Delete
  3. I will look for that show, it sounds wonderful. B.J. Thomas has a rich voice and how cool he is one of your followers on Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Can you believe it? You know I was thrilled to see THE B.J.Thomas as one of those who clicked LIKE for my photos!!
      Can't wait to see the show. A huge thank you to my husband who told me about it, I had not heard one word about it but thanks to him, I am not only waiting to see it but telling y'all about it too!!

      Delete
  4. I remember "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head," composed by Burt Bacharach during the 1960s. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh of course! Burt Bacharach wrote the music and Hal David wrote the lyrics! I will have more about it in my big post I still hope to write about B. J. Thomas! I love it, and I even like the trumpet solos in that song too.

      Delete
  5. When my second granddaughter was in 2nd grade they were learning about story songs. Her contribution was The Unicorn. She is in college now and preparing to transfer soon to a university to pursue her musical education. Congratulations on your connection to B J Thomas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. She is studying music? Well, I love that! I thought of you today when the Braves best the Tigers! The Tigers won that first game by a lot but i think the Braves won the rest! Yes, I am sure B J Thomas can't wait to see me on Instagram! Ha!!


      Delete
  6. I love a good story song too. But alas, this program does not seem to be scheduled for our local PBS station. I'll keep my eyes peeled for it though -- perhaps it will show up later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, they seem to repeat things later do don't give up! Sounds good doesn't it?

      Delete
  7. Hello, thanks for visiting my blog! I remember B.J. Thomas, and his songs. But I don't think I have ever seen him before, so this is special!! I found the show! Here, it is on at 5:30, so I have set it to tape. But there was no option to record the entire series! I did not know Bobbie Gentry wrote that song! I love Gordon Lightfoot, and have a lot of his albums. We adore music, and I have so many C.D.'s. You are just as pretty as this sunset!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ginny! You have a lovely blog! I will follow you when I can get in my computer, I can barely see on this tablet! Are you in USA? I think you are, what state? So pleased to tell you about this show and you looked it up! You will love B.J. Thomas! Do you know that he took over the concerts for Elvis after the truly unexpected death of Elvis Presley? That is one of things I was going to say in my post about B.J. But since you said you didn't know him, wanted to give you that bit of info. Visit me again anytime!

      Delete
  8. I do love story songs and will look that up on PBS. Thank you for the heads up. How awesome that BJ Thomas is a follower. So exciting! I don't have an Instagram account. I can't even keep up with my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am as good on Instagram as I am on my blog! Oh well, B.J. Follows me on Instagram and YOU follow my blog so must be doing something right!😄

      Delete
  9. I'll look for the show on PBS. I love their music ones...I watched the John Denver one the other night for the millionth time! Love the mystery of that sad song too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love John Denver! I hope I can see the show you are talking about, don't know how I missed it!

      Delete
  10. And, as you know, I, too, love music, Kay! Thanks for the head's up. I'll have to keep an eye out for this...it sounds great. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Lee, we are fellow music lovers! Hope you get to see my Instagram follower,also known as B J Thomas, host this show!😄

      Delete
  11. Hi Kay - lovely to see the sunset on Waterloo Bridge and those are great songs - love them. I've got an Instagram account .. but am not using ... good luck with yours - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilary! Of course, I had that photo before on my blog with the Waterloo Sunset song! The header photo just now is a sailboat, it was taken from Beachy Head! As I told you, I could do more with my Instagram account but am a bit confused as how to use it. Challenging, let's call it!

      Delete
  12. Always stick to the free things in London!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you could see my pocketbook, you would know why I look for the free things! I am old, I still say pocketbook, most people say purse or handbag.😊

      Delete
  13. Ode- Bobby Gentry. One of my favourite all time songs and a masterclass in lyric construction that has never been equalled.Even today it still retains some ambiguity and mystery as to the subject matter details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always loved this song. I hope you listened to the video I found on the BBC, it is excellent.

      Delete