Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Alice Tait...Illustrates!



Don't you just love an unexpected surprise? From Amazon, the UK website,  I ordered a book and some ginger biscuits for my father-in-law in England. Since this was really the same thing I got for him last year...wouldn't it be nice to send him something else, something unexpected?  I sent a message on my Instagram account to the British illustrator Alice Tait and told her that I was pleased to see that she had a website where I could order some of her pieces.  She sent me a message BACK.  A real artist!  Yes, my friends, it made my day...I am telling you!    (You see, I had explained that although I am American and live in the States, I would want the gift to be mailed to England.)

My father-in-law received his package from Amazon and while he was pleased with the book and ginger biscuits,  I think it was the package from Alice Tait that really made him happy!  I truly love her drawings!  I found a short video for you. 





Her website is just here.   


If you are able to look at her site, I ordered the set of coasters for Peter, one says "Shall we soldier on" and "Is That The Time" and "Royal Treatment Please". (And I am so bad, I ordered the canvas London tote bag for myself! I already have one, I bought it in London the last time we were there but I am wanting a new one!) 

                      Front of London Bag (See the badges on upper right?
                 They came free with the bag!)

                                   (Back of the bag). 
                           I cut my head off for you.  You're welcome.





Don't you just love her prints?  If you notice, it says that she will sign the print, and not only that but will personalize them with a unique message of your choice. Isn't that just the nicest thing?  (It says that the world map is very popular for birthdays and christenings.)

I just had to tell y'all about this!  What will be the next thing that I will order? She has written a children's book, "No, Nancy, No". I simply must have it!  (Nan, in Maine...I hope you are reading this!)
The hydrangeas are blooming now...I wonder if I could draw them? Alice Tait might just make me pick up a pencil and have a go! 

For anyone on Instagram...her account is alice_tait_illustrates

Alice Tait, if you ever see this post, thank you!  I really love that you included a personal note in with the package, an unexpected surprise for my dear father-in-law, Peter. Very much appreciated.



  

38 comments:

  1. You are just the BEST daughter-in-law, Kay. I'll bet he was tickled pink. Your tote is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kay! I was pleased this made him happy. Hard to think of gifts to send for someone so far away.

      Delete
  2. I'm off to check out her website right now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! I really like her work, I bet you will too.

      Delete
  3. What a thoughtful and unique gift. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I should have told you, he really loved the ginger biscuits I got him last year so this year he got two boxes!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful! And I mean everything - your idea for a gift for your dear father-in-law, the way the artist deals with her customers, the bag, the hydrangea, and last but not least, your header photo. It made me think of the book "Sailing Alone Around The World".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I am glad the photo brought that to mind, one of my favorite books! You know I try to think of wonderful gifts,he also has your mother's socks from Germany!😄

      Delete
  5. her art work is sweet I have never heard of her. But I am sure your father in law loved his gift.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she is a gifted artist. How I admire those can draw! Like songwriters, I am in awe of them.

      Delete
  6. What a delightful gift! And thank you so much, Kay, for introducing me to this new-to-me artist whose work is lovely! Her website is great. I'm following her on Instagram now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delightful artist. And so nice, that she adds a personal touch, to what you order. I'm sure he was thrilled. :-)

    Oh yes, to be able to draw nature. -happy sigh-

    Why not just try??? You just might surprise yourself. Some artists did not begin, till later...

    ✨💛✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess what?! I picked up a pencil and sketched a small picture and put it in a card and mailed it to my father in law. Hope he can make out what I drew!☺ He might wonder what small child sent that to him!

      Delete
  8. How sweet. You are the perfect daughter in law.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a thoughtful and caring lady you are. Kay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I am so thoughtful, I thought to buy myself something too!😁 You are sweet to say so anyway.

      Delete
  10. Never heard of that artist before. Liked the bee buzzing video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked that video too. Somehow her drawing on that reminds me of Beatrix Potter, who was not only a great artist but one of my heroes.

      Who

      Delete
  11. The hydrangeas are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! I wish I could capture that beauty in a painting. My husband can in a photograph. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  12. What fun gifts! I’m off to check out her site. Thanks for commenting on my blog yesterday. I’d love to subscribe to yours by email but i don’t see a place to do it. If you add one, could you let me know? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a lovely blog. Loved your photos from Tasmania. Subscribe by email? Not sure how to have that on here, I have a blog and also Instagram account, but hardly know how to do either one. Sad but true. Thanks, Cynthia for your comment. If you think about it, stop by again.

      Delete
  13. Hi-ya. You commented on my blog "by accident," but I'm returning the favor... on purpose. :)

    Have you ever been to Norcross? We have a lovely store here called "Taste of Britain" that carries all kinds of wonderful foodstuffs and gifts from across the pond. :) I've been buying tea from there for years.

    Take care. Nice to meetcha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Susan!
      Yes, I know "Taste of Britain in Norcross! Hard to get out of my busy little Conyers these days, but you have a fantastic shop, you know I love it. (Save all the Yorkshire teabags and any English chocolate for me! LOL)
      Sorry I left that comment on your blog and then had to delete it, you don't want to know how nutty I am.
      Very nice to meet you also. When I am back up in your area, I will stop in and introduce myself!

      Delete
  14. Dear Kay, thanks for stopping by my blog this past week and leaving a comment about my posting, which was a eulogy for my friend Pat. Now that I've visited your website, I can see that I've been missing some lovely thoughts and ideas! Are you a fan of the Jacquie Lawson e-cards? Sometimes her cards have drawings taking place and they remind me a little of Tait. Also, I wonder if you are a Downton Abbey fan and if you know that there is a movie coming out this fall about Downton Abbey. Supposedly it takes place two years after the last episode of the sixth season. I am so looking forward to seeing it. I feel that as you are reading my words, you are smiling and nodding yes! I think you must be such an upbeat kind of person--one who sows flowers in the pathway she walks. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Dee,
      I appreciate your kind words very much. I have a dear friend who sends me the Jacquie Lawson e cards and I think they are lovely.
      OH yes, that Downton Abbey movie, you know it will be a hit!
      Love those costumes, don't you? Those dresses...sigh.
      "One who sows flowers in the pathway she walks."
      Well, I am telling you, that is just about the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me, so I thank you.
      God bless. x

      Delete
  15. Hi Kay - I concur with all the comments ... excellent customer service - but more importantly your thoughtful choices for your FIL - ginger biscuits always good, but Alice has surpassed all. Lovely read - while the hydrangeas are just gorgeous - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So lovely to be away and to come home to your comment!
      I adore hydrangeas, I truly do. x

      Delete
  16. Hello, I clicked onto your comment at Susan Flett Swiderski's blog and somehow got sent several Wednesdays ago to "Sir Arthur Conan Doyle..." where I commented and proceeded to time travel a bit thru your posts. Brava! I follow on GFC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why hello there, George, I am so happy to meet you!
      I thank you very kindly for your comment here and for reading my posts. Most bloggers only write of one subject, but I write about a great number of things, stay tuned!
      Thanks very much for becoming a follower!

      Delete
  17. Flowers, totes and art........what a win win situation. Happy Birthday to your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote of gifts to my father in law here. My Dad died in February. I miss him terribly. The last birthday that he had, I took that day off to spend with him. Glad I did that now. Glad you left your comment to remind me of that! God bless you.

      Delete
  18. Oh I have seen her work! I recognise it ... she does a lot of drawings about London. I bet your father in law was thrilled! Those hydrangeas are lovely, and I would love to see your drawing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should look at her website, it is very well done! My father in law is so very, very proper...but he almost sounded like me in his excitement! Hee hee! I am not an artist but I have the eye of an artist and can appreciate the beauty of the hydrangeas. x

      Delete