Saturday, March 2, 2019

Unforgettable




The Atlanta Hawks lost to the Chicago Bulls last night. The final score was 168-161.  That score does not tell the whole story though...the game went on for 4, yes that is f-o-u-r overtimes!

Here is a link to Soaring Down South...which was written by our son, Christopher.  You may read it just here.  What a game! Truly, unforgettable.


Speaking of unforgettable...I was thinking of a song lately...I am sure you must know it.  Nat King Cole (on a recording) singing one of his biggest hits with his daughter, Natalie Cole singing along with him. If you don't know it, then I am glad to tell you about it. Hope you like it too. (Sorry about the saxophone in the middle, I had to fast forward through that!) 









Just came across this photo from several years ago...this is okra that my Dad had grown in his garden and had given me.  Okra fresh from the garden?   Unforgettable!  Thanks, Dad.

17 comments:

  1. That sounds like a game for the ages, Kay, and I enjoyed reading Chris's article. Sports writers are some of the best around. Okra scares the heck out of me, but yours looks good ~ LOL I hope you are getting through the weekend all right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I am so glad that you read C's article! I thought it was great! Okra is wonderful! I like it lightly breaded and fried. You know I know how to do it! I will miss my Dad so much but he will always be with me, I keep telling myself.

      Delete
    2. He will always be with you, Kay. My father and my mother are never far from me!

      Delete
  2. Lovely song! And okra, from the garden. I've never had that........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okra fresh from the garden is so good.
      Glad you liked the song too. x

      Delete
  3. wonderful song I have only had okra once and I hated it not sure if it was cooked wrong or I just don't like it.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Cathy, you would like MY okra, I promise you!
      Glad you like the song too. xx

      Delete
  4. Okra is something I know only from the menue of Indian restaurants around here, maybe it does not grow in our climate.
    I have a "best of" CD of Nat King Cole, such wonderful music!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly enjoy an excellent voice in singing, and Nat King Cole was one of the best.
      You know you would love my Dad's okra. I still have some that he canned.

      Delete
  5. A wonderful version of the song. I've never tasted okra (Ladies Fingers?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just looked it up, I have never heard it called that!

      Delete
  6. Unforgettable is such a beautiful song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I love the father and daughter singing it together.

      Delete
  7. I'm from Chicago and my boys always loved the Bulls when Michael Jordan played. My oldest son went to one of Jordan's b-ball camps back in the 80's. And this is crazy...I made okra for dinner today! We grow it in our garden. Love it! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are on the same wavelength, my friend! Hope you are doing well in your part of the country. x

      Delete
  8. That okra looks better fresh than frozen.

    ReplyDelete