Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Who's Looking At You?/ "Bohemian Rhapsody" and "Bethlehemian Rhapsody"


Hey! Y'all remember when I asked you what you thought this structure might be on the seafront in Eastbourne in England?  Who thought it looked like binoculars? You were right! It is a beachside hut and those windows are meant to look like BINOCS (as they say across the pond!) I have a link to the article in the newspaper just here.   The paper is The Sun...I am so old I remember when it was famous for their topless Page 3 girls! (Just looked it up and this was only eliminated in 2017.)  I also remember the Eastbourne seafront in the 1980's with many of the women not wearing their bathing suit tops. (Never bothered me any and honestly, it didn't seem to be that big of a deal!)  If this was still allowed, then it would make this new beachside hut a bit creepy, don't you think? Of course, that is not the way it is now, so you will just have to forgive me for thinking that way!  Apparently, the structure does move, if you are wondering, it certainly makes more sense for the windows to be facing towards the sea...you can't see the back of it but it is a curved window, you will see it if you go to that link I gave you!

It sure is hot here in Georgia just now and the mercury is rising! Which reminds me, did anyone see that there will be a new movie out about Queen (Freddie Mercury, see how I did that?) and you know I have the trailer of the movie for you here. The film's title will be "Bohemian Rhapsody".  (Come on, you know you have sung that song before!)

That reminds me...Richard and I were in England during the "Live Aid" concert.  Have you ever seen it?  When Queen was performing and Freddie Mercury came out in his white tank top?  He had that crowd in the palm of his hand, I am telling you, it was an incredible performance! 




I really like the actor who will portray Freddie Mercury- his name is Rami Malek.  Most people know him from Mr. Robot but I know him from the Night At The Museum films (he was in both of them).  I hope he wins an Oscar for this! 

Okay then, I hope you are all doing well!  I always have so much to write about and so little time to collect my thoughts and post them.  Ah heck, Kay, you are saying to yourself, when has that ever stopped you before?  Just jot any old thing down and we will read it.  You are right, you are all so kind and I appreciate you!  I feel like a crazy old Aunt in an attic typing away sometimes...




I have given you the above video before...it is the same tune as Bohemian Rhapsody but these lyrics really go very well with the music. If you have not seen it before, please view it and enjoy!

25 comments:

  1. Both the original and the Bethlehemian are favorites of mine, and yes i enjoy reading your musings no matter what you are musing about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you like them both too! Isn't it great that someone made up those words to that great music? And I really like that video that I found too, it is a more recently made one, I think.
      And I thank you, Mimi, you were one of my very first followers!

      Delete
  2. I am so with you on Rami Malek. :) I truly believe he is one of the best actors of our generation. Once I found him via Mr Robot I made it a point to see all his other works and I too loved the Night at the Museum films.

    I am so looking forward to seeing him in this Queen film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I think this is the first time that I have seen a comment from you! So, I thank you!
      Glad you like Rami Malek also, WHEN he wins the Oscar, we can both cheer for him!

      Delete
  3. Hi Kay - they've added a second, I see ... funny things - mind you Bexhill has some funny ones too ...

    I don't know Rami Malek ... but I do love the Mercury songs - and would love to see this ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have friends in Bexhill and I love that seafront also!
      You MUST see the film, "Night At The Museum"! My favorite one is the one that is in the British Museum. I want to LIVE in the British Museum, I love it so!

      Delete
  4. I'm really looking forward to that Freddie Mercury biopic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it looks amazing, doesn't it? I love films about real people!

      Delete
  5. When they first announced that Rami Malek was playing Freddie in the movie I simply couldn't picture it. Now from the trailers I can't imagine anyone else. Waiting for it to come out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just goes to show what a great actor can do with a role!

      Delete
  6. Only two or three weeks ago I said to O.K. that I had incidentally come across the trailer for the Queen movie and that it looked like something I'd really want to watch. I hope we can go to the cinema together once it is out.
    By the way, I am old enough to remember the famous page 3 girls, too! One that later rose to musical fame (at least for a short little while) was Sam(antha) Fox - never thought much of her, to be honest, but then I wasn't in her target group, of course ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you notice at then end of the video that you could go to "Put me in Bohemian" and record yourself singing the song and if they consider it worthy, it will be in the film? Isn't that great?
      https://bestclassicbands.com/bohemian-rhapsody-karaoke-7-13-18/
      If you copy and paste that above, you will see and hear some sheriffs from Texas!

      Delete
  7. I remember him in the Night at the M movies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! And he was so good! Look forward to seeing him in this film too!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Hey Dennis! I am so happy that you saw this post! I hope you love the version with the Nativity as much as I do!
      "It's a wondrous story, anyone can see. It's a wondrous story, to me."

      Delete
  9. All the previews and reviews I seen and read have been brilliant.

    I was, and am still, a big fan of Queen...and, of course, Freddie Mercury. He was brilliant. He was mesmerising; similar in the way Nureyev was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it is an indefinable kind of thing, that star quality.
      Come back here when we see the film and we will discuss it!

      Delete
  10. Ha, I was just writing about sailing through Bohemia, and I pop over here and find the Bohemian Rhapsody! Spooky and fun :) Can't wait to see the movie. Keep cool Kay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sailing Through Bohemia! I hope you know how perfect that sounds for a book, go on and write you, you know you want to!

      Delete
  11. Nice one, Kay. Is there anyone in the world that DIDN'T see Live Aid? If so, where were they??? Looking forward to that movie! Hope all is good with you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of my young co workers don't know Live Aid at all! It was special to me because we were in England at the time, we were not at the concert but just seeing on TV in England is very memorable to me. Thanks for your well wishes, Mike, much appreciated.

      Delete
  12. I've been to great tribute bands for Queen in New Zealand. Have you heard The Queen Symphony by Tolga Kashif? I think you might like that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please dont stop blogging Kay. I know I have not commented for a while but I have been reading your blog. It is a joy to open my laptop and log into "Georgia Girl with an English Heart." Always entertaining and the memories you bring back to me are priceless. That Live Aid Concert was something else wasn't it?
    I hope you are both doing well. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Big Queen fan. Saw them in concert in Germany, they were fantastic.

    ReplyDelete