Sunday, December 21, 2014

Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring-United States Air Force Band



Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring is from a cantata by Johann Sebastian Bach entitled "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben" which translated to English means, "Heart and Mouth and Deed and Life".    I have only learned those words today and I share them with you...heart and mouth and deed and life.    To The Glory of God Alone 

The video is six minutes long, but if you don't have time to watch it, come back to it later, or just listen to it as you do something else.  It is really worth watching! 
 

From my reading... "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" is from "Jesus bleibet meine Freude" which more closely translated is "Jesus shall remain my gladness.".  

(I do apologize if it seems that I have been taking German lessons.  It is just that there have been things that I have read that involves German! And since I have at least ONE follower in Germany, I can always have my German verified and/or corrected! Thanks, Meike!)

The United States Air Force was a part of the United States Army. During World War II, the US Air Force was known as the US Army Air Corps from 1926 to 1941.  It was known as the US Army Air Forces from 1941 to 1947.  (After 1947, it became the United States Air Force and was another branch of the military.)  LOUIS ZAMPERINI was a member of the United States Army Air Forces...you should know this if you have read "Unbroken".  The movie will come out on Christmas day!  I hope that the movie will live up to my expectations.  (Once again, I apologize, but honestly, so many things remind me of Mr. Zamperini!)


I also had a dear uncle who served in the US Air Force.  Uncle Jake...I need to do a post about him! He would have loved this video of the US Air Force Band performing as a "flash mob" in Washington, D.C.    I think we should come up with some other term than "flash mob" for something like this...how about "Special Joy Givers"?     Yes! That's it!  

Wishing all of you special joy!    JOY TO THE WORLD!

   OH! And I forgot to mention, thanks to my favorite librarian in Washington, D.C. for having this video on his Facebook!  Merry Christmas to Dave G.!!

Clouds Over Arabia Mountain...a pilot told me that this is used as a landmark for pilots! Fly over this and you know you are close to the Atlanta airport!



 

 



 

10 comments:

  1. Terrific video! "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" is one of my faves and so is "Joy to the World!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the Christmas music. Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I get a spare moment or six I will come back and watch the video.

    I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas, Kay. I hope you have a wonderful one. And may 2015 treat all of us kindly. Take care...best wishes from Down Under. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My computer often won't play your video posts, which is sad, but i'll look this one up and see if i can find it. Now special that your monadnocks are used by pilots as landmarks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one of my favorite songs and I will have to come back to see the video...thanks for posting this and I'll look forward to enjoying this Christmas gift from you! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aha! I did recognize the Air and Space Museum. I've been there several times. How fabulous if you could have been there when they were playing. Art also served in the Air Force. I love the Josh Groban version of this song.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had Jesu Joy of Man Desiring at our wedding! Happy Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas
    and a happy healthy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Kay, I just wanted to wish you and your family a very merry Christmas and a happy new year. xx

    ReplyDelete