Wednesday, March 20, 2024

A Hopeful Spring

 Happy spring to you all!  The cherry trees are in full bloom just now, their frilly white blooms are very welcoming to this Red Cardinal. We have three cherry trees in our front yard, this is one of them. We have lots of cardinals in our yard, this is one of them! LOL!












Another photo of the cherry trees here. This used to be the property of Maxell Tapes which was a Japanese company.  Maxell has been out of business for years, but we still have these cherry trees! This is now a park and has a walking/biking trail. 


Hope all of you are doing well.  I have been quite busy lately, nothing at all that is exciting but busy, nevertheless. Hey! Remember that the new Ghostbusters film comes out this week!  I do hope I will be able to see it! It looks really good.


I have almost finished a book and it is so good, I think I might have read a great deal of it aloud to Richard.  Now, I can't quite tell you about this book just yet, but I PROMISE you, it is amazing!  Look out for me to tell you about it!  (And Meike in Germany, I promise that the cover of the book is great too!)


Spring is busting out all over!  Look at the fiddleheads on this Autumn fern!  Isn't it amazing how this brown circle will unfurl into a beautiful green leafy fern? It will! Gee, if it can do that, surely, I can keep myself going! Gives you hope, does it not?

Take care!







24 comments:

  1. Happy Spring! Enjoy the cherry blossoms while they last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are changing from white to pale pink now and they are still lovely! Happy Spring to you!

      Delete
  2. The cherry trees are beautiful. My mother-in-law loved cardinals. A pair nested in a small tree outside her living room window. The last time I saw one of the pair it was white from age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Daddy loved his "redbirds"! He knew they were cardinals but he insisted on calling them what his Mother always called them. x

      Delete
  3. Your cherry blossoms are beautiful! I hope you have a blessed spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It can't get more spring than those cherry trees, can it! Our cherry trees will still take a little - but not very long - until they start blossoming. Apples are a bit later anyway.
    Now I am really intrigued and can't wait until your book review!

    We've been busy here, too. Partly for good reasons, partly for sad ones. More about that in one of my next posts, whenever I'll find the time to write it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all know that sadness is a part of life but it is still very hard for us all. I am thinking of you. Hugs to you!

      Delete
  5. Such lovely pictures! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kay! So great to see your comment here! Happy Spring!

      Delete
  6. Oh, I love the cherry trees!! And Cardinals...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's happy Autumn here...and I'm so glad summer has finished.

    Take care, Kay...I hope all is well with you and your loved ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Happy Autumn to you in your lovely part of the world! Love seeing your comment here, Lee! Hope you are well and happy. x

      Delete
  8. The cherry trees are so beautiful and I bet they smell amazing! What a great pic with the cardinal..love it! As we've been thrown back into winter for a few days I know soon it will get warmer here and then we'll have trees blooming too. Can't wait! Have a lovely Easter Kay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen the snow that you have had on TV! Never mind, your Spring will come soon. x

      Delete
  9. Your cherry trees are absolutely gorgeous, Kay! However, my daughter has been sending me photos of snow in Chicago for the last several days. I love that photo of the cardinal amidst the cherry blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It scares me to see all that snow in the Midwest and in the northeast. For one thing, it will make more folks want to move to Georgia to get away from it! LOL! Aloha, Kay!

      Delete
  10. Lovely pictures of your cherry trees.
    Happy Spring wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely pictures of your cherry trees.
    Happy Spring wishes.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This came twice somehow! Always nice to hear from you! 😃

      Delete
  12. One thing that's always puzzled me Kay is why UK wildlife progs never do one on all the small USA animals and birds. I'm fed up seeing buffalo, bald eagles, bears, etc every single year here for decades yet dozens of smaller stuff never shown on UK TV and never seen either by most viewers gets missed out. Like that redbird. Happy Spring. Bob BSS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birds seem to get the short end of the stick over here as a general rule! It is fascinating for us to observe all wildlife but I must admit that my husband and I have a special fondness for the birds. There is one bird that is apparently common on the Georgia coast, and it is the painted bunting. Look up a photo of it and you will see why I want to see it!

      Delete