Tuesday, November 29, 2022

November-Bring It On Home To Me

 











NOVEMBER! It has been a beautiful time here in Georgia! Remember I told you that our leaves in Metro Atlanta area peak in November? It's true! 

There was a small festival in Old Town Conyers this past Saturday. The trees were still gorgeous! The trees that you see above are in a small but beautiful botanical garden in this small town. 













Very often, Richard and I are struck by not only the color of the leaves but also, the beauty of a tree trunk. We are not certain of the name of this tree, but we know it is old and beautiful.











The above photo is of "Fothergilla" Mt Airy. (Ahem, we won't talk about how long it took me to ID this beauty. Let's just say I let out a big "YAY!" when I discovered the name!)

All those colorful leaves are on the SAME bush!



Of course, many trees have lost most of their leaves, but this very old sweetgum still had some colorful leaves fluttering in the breeze.



If you are ever behind me when I am walking, please don't walk too closely.  I might just bend over and pick up a leaf and ask my husband to photograph it. Honest! This would be some kind of oak but please don't ask me to ID it! I wish I knew them all!  (You always know it is an oak if it has acorns, of course!) Since the "lobes" of the leaf is pointy, it is in the Red Oak family. That is something that I have learned in my research! (If the lobes are more "rounded" it would be in the White Oak family.)













When we exit our neighborhood, this is our view! The trees are beautiful year-round but when the sun is shining on them during the Fall of the year, they are stunning.  (That is a school that you see behind the trees.)




After we walked recently, we had to stop in at the grocery store to buy a few things.
I wonder how many folks took photos in the PARKING LOT like we did?  Someone who knows native trees has been able to influence the owners of shopping centers to plant these natives. I am grateful!

(You can see me holding the bags. Hey, someone has to do so while someone takes pictures! LOL.)



November is always memorable for amazing autumnal colors, Thanksgiving with family and friends AND our son's birthday! Just a wonderful time of year! AND for 2022, the World Cup too! As I am writing this today, England has won AND the USA too! Yay!

 Hope that November has been nice for you, and you are looking forward to the next holiday season.  Peace to you all, my friends!




"Bring It On Home To Me"







30 comments:

  1. You know in North GA - we don't have any trees that color - or very few. I love the reds. Wonder how they are growing so good there. Maybe it is the beautiful botanical garden grows them special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm....now you have me wondering where you moved to in North Georgia that you don't notice the colorful leaves of Autumn! Surely, you saw just these same trees that I did, my friend! Those are maples in the botanical garden and they were surely planted there, we also have lovely native ones too!

      Delete
  2. Your colors are much brighter than ours were this year. And I will listen to Sam Cooke any day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes indeed, the same here, Sam Cooke any time!
      And hope all is well with you these days. I am not able to comment on some blogs and I think yours is one of them!

      Delete
  3. What beautiful fall colours! And thanks for teaching me the leaf differences between Red Oaks and White Oaks -- learned something new today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The swamps mostly stay green or turn brown, but we do have some spots of color and enjoy them mightily.

    Your area is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lived in south Georgia as a teenager and I well remember the difference in autumnal tree color between north and south Georgia! Like you say though, any color you do see, you appreciate!!

      Delete
  5. What a lovely post, dear Kay, so joyful, and (as always) with gorgeous pictures.
    As you know, November wasn't exactly a brilliant month for my family, but we do what we can and still find joy in life - I know I do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Meike,
      Of course it is the month of February for me, the one where I lost my Dad that will be forever paired with that sad event
      Still, we know our fathers want us to find joy in our lives. We KNOW they do!

      Delete
  6. The trees and the colors are beautiful. November brings mostly bare trees here. My old oak tree by the house still has some but not many. Most all the leaves and color are now on the ground. Hope you enjoy the Holidays, they are just around the corner. Love, ma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Christmas will be here before we know it!

      Delete
  7. Almost all the leaves are on the ground now in northern Virginia. they are raked and now waiting for the snow. I hope not too much snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey John! I hope you have just enough snow to take nice photos from your window and then, it is gone! Take care!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for bringing in the beautiful Fall colors! I miss our colorful trees as we peak color in October. Yours are so vibrant and I love that you take pictures even in the parking lot! I can't believe December is tomorrow and I feel like it's already rushing by. I hope you have more time to enjoy some Fall color but my brain is thinking Christmas now and all I have to do to get ready. Hopefully I can take some pictures of the snow for you when we get some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, we really do take photos in the parking lots here but since folks drive there just like they do on the roads, it can be scary so we have to be careful!! Let's see your snowy photos when you get snow. I hope I only see snow in a photo!!

      Delete
  9. Oh, those beautiful leaves. The Fothergilla is absolutely stunning. What a gorgeous time of year, leading up to Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I am so glad you commented on the Fothergilla! It truly is stunning!!

      Delete
  10. Oh wow, those leaves look spectacular. Every bit as colourful as flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These colorful leaves stop me in my tracks EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Honestly, you would think I had just dropped onto the planet. LOL!

      Delete
  11. So nice to see a post from you, Kay! We have no leaves left on our trees here. I always thought it would be fun to head south and follow the trees as they change in the fall. Have a wonderful weekend. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Diana! So nice to see your comment! We still have some pretty leaves left, it seems Autumn wants to hang on! You have great weekend too, my friend! x

      Delete
  12. These are wonderful! I have been known to pick up leaves, and asked hubby to hold them on occasion. Nature has many awesome gifts as you have shared in these great photos. Thank you Kay, and Happy December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy December to you and all the blessings of the season. x

      Delete
  13. Oh yes! I always loved November before it got too cold in Illinois. Your trees are gorgeous! We had a Fothegilla bush at our house too and loved it. I wonder if it's still doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to spread all the Fothegilla love that I can!!
      Aloha, Kay!

      Delete
  14. I missed this one! Lovely pics again, good to see such trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks! Our leaves held on for the longest time. They have been beautiful!

      Delete
  15. Dear Kay, thanks so much for sharing the beauty of nature as well as the melodious voice of Sam Cooke. I'm woefully ignorant about singers and songs (except for all those I listening to back in the 1940s and'50s). So I truly appreciate your often adding songs to your postings. I'd never heard the vocalist or the song. And I do so like what I heard! Peace from Dee Ready

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam Cooke was not only a great singer but a great songwriter as well. Not telling what more he could have done had he not died so very young. I am always discovering something in music that I didn't know about! And I love to add songs here from YouTube. You would never guess how long I try to get just the right one!😊

      Delete
  16. Gorgeous colors, indeed! I love Fall...
    hughugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete