Saturday, January 15, 2022

Wintry Weather?

 The wintry weather is making me wary...

For several days now we have been warned that we might get snow or freezing rain.  This might not seem a very big deal to people who live in colder areas of the country or the world but in Georgia, it is a worry.

Power lines with ice will cause you to lose your power (therefore, NO heat!) and ice laden trees can crash down upon the roads making them impassable. Not to mention how dangerous the ice can be upon the roads themselves! Folks here only know one speed...FAST! So, you have to be very careful if there is any bad weather. It is a very fine line...it is possible that all the snow/ice could be just north of us and could miss us.  I am looking out the window now, it is very grey and getting colder by the minute.  I will have to let you know what happens....  As I said, wintry weather is making me wary.  (Am I the only one that thinks of Elmer Fudd when someone uses a lot of "w's"?  "You wascal-ly wabbit!)

After my last post where I told you I felt sad with the death of Sidney Poitier, I didn't mention that I also felt sadness with the passing of Betty White and then, I heard that Ronnie Spector and Bob Saget had also died. Oh, my. Everyone has such great things to say about all of them, just as they did about Sidney Poitier.  It is something that I just can't help but notice.  Doesn't matter to me how much money you have or how many people know you, just how nice you are. That's it.

Richard and I did manage to go on a hike today! We met with some friends and walked in a local park. So nice to see friends! I'm showing you a photo of myself from 2017 though, I was wearing the same jacket and scarf today! HA! I wear the same things forever!




The song for this post has to be "Be My Baby" and since I am Georgia Girl With An English Heart, you know the video is from Jools Holland Hootenanny, I think it was 2017. (Jools Holland, I hope you know who he is!)

Take care and watch out for ice/snow!  You know I will!





15 comments:

  1. We're expecting cold and freezing rain, but not snow that will stick or ice on the roads. Swamp creatures don't do well in such weather.

    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the worst of the winter weather will miss you!
    So good to know you have been walking with friends, I know how much you love walking and hiking but do not have as much time for it as you would like.
    As for holding on to and wearing your things for a long time, I am like that, too. When I find something I like, I wear it until it falls off me in tatters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elmer Fudd was one of my favourite characters on TV, along with Yosemite Sam,Foghorn Leghorn, and Mr Magoo. More dynamic than the Disney characters and usually funnier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was hoping to leave this cold, wintry weather behind when we moved to NC. I hope the weather improves soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to pictures of your snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the snow/ice misses you there. And, I'd appreciate it if you send it out the the ocean rather than down here. We deal even less well to snow/ice I expect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand what you are saying, at least here in the north we are prepared for it, unlike you who rarely ever get snow. I still don't like it and pray we all stay safe and warm in this storm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ice is horrible even up here. I'd take a blizzard over an ice storm any day. I hope you don't get hit bad. We've had a lot of greats leave us. I'm blaming dear Betty on us adopting a shelter dog on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I do hope the cold weather does not leave you without power - but instead gives you a pretty dusting of snow and goes away. You are right - it is all about whether you are nice, and Betty White was a delight. I saw one of the docos about her on TV last night, and what a treasure she was. Be my Baby was such a huge hit - special memories of Ronnie Spector.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the snow! It makes the cold worth it, haha. Of course, I don't go around driving in it like some of these crazies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love reading your posts. Hope the weather has not been too big a problem for you. Great song!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful winter weather is so cold. Beautiful showed. Very cold. Flowing ice Beautiful written post

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck, hope you didn't get the icy mess. I know some areas did. Right you are it's bad for anyone, but the south just isn't prepared. They don't have the type of equipment we have in the north to deal with the cold, the snow, and or ice in terms of keeping power up and roads free.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope the worst of the weather passed you by! Even here people get into accidents with the first icy weather every winter - it's like we all have to learn over again how to drive safely on slippery roads.

    So sad about Sidney Poitier; he was just a month younger than my dad. I had no idea he was that age. Such a great actor.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad you found my latest post, it was so long since I'd blogged I really thought nobody would reply at all! I like your new header, I recognised the Museum Tavern right away! :) I hope your bad weather has now gone. I somehow don't associate it with Georgia.

    ReplyDelete