Sunday, January 30, 2022

Stand Up Comedy/Stand Down Problems

 "I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy the rest of your life."   Rita Rudner

"I cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food". W.C. Fields

"You should always get eight hours of beauty sleep.  Nine if you're ugly.  Betty White  


Do y'all like comedians as much as I do?  It is so nice to have a nice laugh, to feel your whole body just shake with merriment!  It seems we keep losing so many of the people who make us laugh. Just after we lost Betty White, Bob Saget suddenly passed away and then, Louie Anderson!  I watched some videos on YouTube for all three of these comedians and they were very funny but I was really searching for a particular video of Louie Anderson. No idea what year or where he was but it was after one of his stand- up routines, he sat down at the edge of the stage and told the audience that he loved them. He said, "We're people, just people".  Now, I'm not telling it in the right way but it was moving, truly it was.  After he died, I read many accounts of Louie Anderson's sweet nature. That leads me into the reason for the title of this post.  There are exceptions to every rule, but most comedians have lived through a rough childhood. (Go ahead, research the background of comedians, you'll see what I mean.) They have used laughter and kindness to overcome their troubles.  On my January calendar I have a quote that says, " If the world seems cold to you, kindle fires to warm it". 

______________________________________________

Just a few photos from January!  Hope you are all keeping well wherever you are in the world!  


Stained glass from the Monastery, here in Rockdale County, Georgia.  (The monks made all the stained glass.  They built the church also, from concrete!)




Sunrise from front of our house!


Male Cardinal on our back fence. Through a screen window. (Just as he began to take off.) 
We see cardinals every day!



Mr. Cardinal through a glass door NOT a screen!


Gluten free pancakes? With lemon & sugar or strawberry preserves? (No maple syrup here!) Richard just has butter on his!



Hey! Don't you want to add to the ONE BILLION views for Cyndi Lauper's "Girls Just Want To Have Fun"?  Sure you do!  She is not only a great singer but a fantastic SONGWRITER and great humanitarian.   This song is from 1983 and still sounds just as good today.



32 comments:

  1. My husband just brought home some vintage record albums of Groucho Marx! So funny! It was fun to play a record and sit and listen like in some olden day.
    Also--Tom Grey, an Atlanta neighbor of mine who recently passed away collaborated with Cyndi Lauper on a few of her songs. In fact he wrote "Money Changes Everything."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I just looked him up, your friend Tom Grey. I am sorry for your loss, I'm sure he was very talented but also like such a nice guy. xx

      Delete
  2. I agree...we just want to have fun! I think we've lost so many good comedians that weren't crude or needed bad language to get a laugh. My youngest took a class on comedy and did stand up to get out of rut and push himself to do something different. He is pretty funny! I hope you're not freezing in Georgia with all this crazy weather. I feel bad for areas that aren't equipped to handle a harsh winter. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that Bob Saget's comedy was a bit risque but like Joan Rivers, if I like you, I will forgive almost anything! Our weather has been up and down, we never know if it will be hot or cold! REady for Spring no matter what! LOL!

      Delete
  3. A nice tribute. So many lost too soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Eileen in Florida! I do feel sad when we lose people who make us laugh. We need to laugh more.

      Delete
  4. How i do enjoy watching a good, clean comedian. We've lost more than a fair share lately.

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! You too! It won't be long til we are both burning UP! Am I right? Take care!

      Delete
  5. I loved Louie Anderson and was very sad to read of his death. And whatever happened to Rita Rudner? She was hilarious but I haven't seen her on anything in years. When I make German pancakes (also called Dutch babies), I put icing sugar on them and squeeze fresh lemon juice over top. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about Rita Rudner, I thought she was very funny too.
      Your Dutch babies sound very good to me!

      Delete
  6. It won't surprise you much that I am not familiar with any of the comedians you have mentioned here; they were probably never on German TV. Comedy so often simply does not work in any other than the original language.
    But I know what you mean about the "We're people, just people" bit being so very touching - and so very true.
    Lovely pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I ever find a video of him saying that, I will share it on my blog. That little speech is much needed now these days.
      And I hope you like the header photo of the pub in London! Richard took that one and I really like it.

      Delete
  7. I also miss the old comedians. Nice set of photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, John! Hope you are doing well these days!

      Delete
  8. The Cardinals and Sunset pictures are really nice! I'm not much into Comedians, but I do agree we all need laughter in our lives. These past couple of years even more so. Betty White was a real loss, though I don't know whom the other two people are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must remember Bob Saget from "Full House" and also, he did "American's Funniest Videos" for years. He did the funny voices behind some of the videos, he always made me laugh. And Louie Anderson also had an animated series about his childhood, "Louie". That was also very funny and sweet too.

      Delete
  9. Rita Rudner I like.
    The pics are as usual great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, my friend in Canada (Debra) above wondered what happened to Rita Rudner, maybe she spent some time in the UK!! LOL!
      And I'm a bit sad taking photos of pancakes and birds on my fence, guess that comes from cabin fever!

      Delete
  10. It's great to laugh, and it's wonderful to smile...so thank you, Kay.

    Betty White made such an impression...a good impression upon us all. She was lovely, in every way. I loved her quick wit.

    Take care. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely and with a quick wit, that describes her perfectly!
      Hope you are doing well, Lee!

      Delete
  11. Love pancakes with lemon and powdered sugar...butter. Wonderful!
    hughugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum, pancakes. I love em with raisins and butter. We call them Scotch Pancakes, I am not sure what is so Scottish about them! And I love that song too. I haven't heard it for years, and it was a fun video, I don't think I ever saw the video before. Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good video, wasn't it? So much fun and very sweet.
      So good to see your comment here, Jenny Woolf!!!

      Delete
  13. Lovely birds. I do find I prefer older comedians rather than the current bunch as they are not as funny but maybe that's an age thing. Not made pancakes for years. Must try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness yes, I must admit that the young ones these days are just not very funny to me. We have a show here, "Saturday Night Live" called "SNL" now, of course. It used to be SO GOOD but now...I never watch it, it leaves me cold. Hope you've made some pancakes by now!!

      Delete
  14. I hadn't heard about Louie Anderson. So sad.

    Lovely photos! Cardinals are so beautiful; like flying jewels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey SUE!!! Flying jewels, you are so right...that red is just brilliant. Take care, my friend!!

      Delete
  15. Love a hearty laugh...and those pancakes!!!Lol
    hughugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Out blog walking again, so thought I'd pop back in to say hi. Already left a comment on this post, but hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sandy,
      Yes, I am plodding along in life like a duck with a bottom that has been stuck in an icy lake. (I saw this once and it still makes me giggle.) I left a comment on your blog, so I hope you saw it! Take care!

      Delete