Tuesday, February 20, 2024

The Beatles and A Bluebird!

 

Wonderful news today! Sam Mendes, the British director will make four separate films about the Beatles, one for each band member. Each movie representing the point of view of John, Paul, George and Ringo. Isn't that something? Expected to be released in 2027, the films have the full support of the two surviving Beatles and the families of John Lennon and George Harrison.  I do hope that we will hear many Beatles songs during the films! And at a theatre! 

-----------------------------


 (I was working on this post about Beatles covers when my son texted me the news about the Beatles films to come out in 2027!)


Oh yes, my friends, I have spent so much time listening to people from all over the world singing and playing Beatles songs.

It amazes me that so many of them making these videos are very young and have no memory of the Beatles as those of us who are of a certain age!  They are singing in English and you can tell that English is not their first language.  It made me think of doing a post called "I Speak BEATLES"!   I just looked at my blog and I did a post in February of 2014 where I mentioned the 50th anniversary of the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show.  Of course, it is now the 60th anniversary this month!  Want to see my post from 10 years ago? Here it is:  Georgia Girl With An English Heart: Winter Olympics 2014, Sochi AND Beatles 50th Anniversary

 







 There, I hope you are able to hear some of the songs!


 Hopefully, after these films are released, more and more will fall in love with their musical genius because honestly, all we need is LOVE!

__________________________________________

Hope all of you are doing well. 

February. There, I said it.  That's enough about that, don't you think?

Take care, everyone. March (and warmer weather) is around the corner! Here is the bluebird that visits our suet feeder, we are always so happy to see him. 



  

20 comments:

  1. Yes, good news about the planned Beatles films.

    A lovely Bluebird.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jan! The bluebird and good news just seem to go together!

      Delete
  2. Interesting film project! Looking forward to seeing them in due course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I do wonder which actors will be chosen to portray each Beatle. Time will tell!

      Delete
  3. This is quite an undertaking, I'm glad to hear about it and look forward to the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you know, my late husband was a Beatles fan through and through. He even had his hair cut like them when he was a boy, and that kind of haircut was NOT at all fashionable then - he didn't care if others laughed (as kids tend to do at each other), they were "his boys" and he wanted to look and sound like them when he played the guitar. He would have loved the news about those four films!

    February? Way too warm here, and rather wet. But that's what we can expect these days, I suppose, with climate change. Love the bluebird so fully deserving its name!
    And I also love your current header photo; meant to say it last time but forgot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks for saying you like the header photo, of the rainbow. It was taken just outside our front door! Yes, we do live on a hill. LOL! Yes, of course, I do remember how your husband was such a huge Beatles fan! Our son was like that in school, he also loved the Beatles and even though I am sure there was some laughing behind his back, he didn't care! He knows what good music is and that is all there is to it!
      Best thing about February, it is almost over! TAke care!

      Delete
  5. I loved the Beetles and Iike to see the bluebirds too. How great we have some movies coming soon that are dedicated to the Beetles. I am celebrating their popularity today !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait! (But I guess I will have to!)

      Delete
  6. I read about the Beatles movies. It will be interesting to see how they are portrayed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it, you think to yourself, I am glad to know these films will be made but who in the world can take on those roles?

      Delete
  7. I love everything about England, the Beatles especially!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beatles music stands alone doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just heard about the movies and will be excited to see them. I have always been a Beatles fan. I joked on one of my February posts that I got another magazine with a Beatle on the front. Unfortunately it was AARP! Ha! Plus Ringo's real name is Richard Starkey. Same last name as me. I'm finally related to a Beatle! I have enjoyed our bird feeder but no bluebirds have ever come. Plus we have a pesky squirrel that likes to take some too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have that same AARP magazine with Ringo on the front! LOL! You must be related to Ringo somewhere down the line, why not try to get some free tickets to see him next time!! LOL!
      The bluebird really went for the suet this year, we usually don't see them much either!

      Delete
  10. I liked George and Ringo...Great music.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I love them all. Ladies and Gentlemen, THE BEATLES!

      Delete