Thursday, January 4, 2018

Walk Of Heroes Theft Suspect ARRESTED and All Items Recovered!


There, isn't it nice to hear some GOOD news for a change?
Remember I told you about the beautiful statues that were stolen from the local park here in Rockdale County?  One suspect has now been arrested and the statues, plaques and globe are in the process of being restored and hopefully will be reinstalled soon. I will let you know when this happens!  You may read the newspaper report in our local newspaper, The Rockdale Citizen...the link is here.  They also have leads on others involved in this theft and hopefully, they too will be brought to justice!

 I am thankful to US Enterprises and the Rehorn Foundation for the $5000.00 reward they offered for information about this crime and also to the law enforcement in this county for their dogged determination. Looks like I wasn't the only one who was outraged about this! If you go to that link that I gave you, you will see that the suspect also had stolen the copper frog statue from our local library! (It is a pretty statue of a frog sitting on a bench, reading from a book.) Hopefully, the next time I go to the library, I will see him sitting right back where he should be!


Rodger Rehorn of the Rehorn Foundation said at the end of the newspaper article that it just goes to show what we can do if we all come together as a community.  Let it be a lesson for us all!







++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If any of you get an email from me, please ignore it.  I got a message from Nan from Letters From A Hill Farm that she thinks that someone hacked my email!(And I remember that YAYA from Whispering Pines told me the same before Christmas.) So, this is just to let you all know, okay?  I am the WORST emailer anyway, so if you ever get an email from me, you should be a bit suspect about it!  Okay now, my question is: What should I do about this?  Should I just take my email off my account info?  What do you think?
I know that Christmas is past but I just had to show you my little Christmas tree!  When the sun would shine on this, it was so pretty and sparkly.  Everything on it was either handmade by me or given to me!  The star on the top and the skirt at the bottom was crocheted by me and the tiny ornaments were a gift from a co-worker.   AND the garland with the hearts is from my friend in Germany, Meike who writes from her blog at From My Mental Library.  Thanks, Meike!  I know this might not be intended for a Christmas tree but look how perfect it looks resting gently on the branches! I also think it would look nice on my mantel with fresh flowers in the Spring!   

Cadbury's...if you want to send me a case of ROSES for my advertisement here, I wouldn't refuse!  (Look how pretty it looks sitting on my little crochet circle, the wrapper was the exact color of the tree!)

31 comments:

  1. Hooray for justice and the return of the stolen items!

    Your tree is beautiful, it made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mimi! So glad they got these back, good news!

      Delete
  2. Glad they caught them. As for your email account, close it and start a new one, let your mail provider know you've been hacked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I hope it is straightened out now!
      How do we like this cold weather in Georgia? We don't! :-)

      Delete
  3. So glad justice will be served! Gives a person hope for this crazy world after all! Sorry about your email and I'd change it. Love the tree. So many things about Christmas make me smile and a lovely tree like that should be enjoyed longer! So pretty! My brother in Georgia said it was 35 yesterday so stay warm my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your brother was right, we have had DAYS of cold temps and my poor birds at the birdbath seem puzzled at their frozen birdbath! My little blue tree, I loved the color, I don't seem to want red and green anymore, but rather blues and silvers, much more calming to me.
      Peace! x

      Delete
  4. I find it so offensive when history is destroyed. I am happy that the artifacts were located and will be displayed again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad they caught the vandals and got the loot before it was all melted down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "And the last thing he took, was the log for their fire".
      That line from Dr. Seuss somehow came to mind when I also learned that the same gang had stolen the frog from the library. Hope they catch them all!

      Delete
  6. How good they caught the thieves, and your blue Christmas tree is darling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terra! Surprising how much joy that little tree gave me!

      Delete
  7. Phew, what a story, so glad you got the happy ending, now I'm looking forward to the movie. Happy 2018.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. I hope the Rockdale County Sherriff Department reads my blog! Kudos to them and to all involved in solving this case.

      Delete
  9. It should be enough to change the password for your email account, not necessary to open a new one. But still let the provider know that it has been hacked.
    Glad to know the stolen statues were found before the thieves had them molten down! I like the idea of the frog sitting on a bench reading a book.
    Your little tree is pretty! Your creative use of the hearts garland pleases me so much - thank you for showing it here :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meike! I had called our provider and they told me to do exactly as you said! Next time I have a problem, I will just email you for advice!
      When they get the frog back, I will take a photo of him and have him on my blog!
      Don't you think the garland just looks like it was MADE for that Christmas tree? Thanks very much for your surprise package, I was so TICKLED!! xx

      Delete
  10. Glad that the statues were recovered. Your tree is very pretty, somewhat like mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I do remember that our trees were similar, we have such exquisite taste, we can't help it! :-)

      Delete
  11. Yes it is good to hear good news now and then. So glad things are being restored to their former glory. I love your little tree and the precious star on top. I also like cadbury...now I'll look for the rose. Yes, change your password and that will correct the problem. I've had that happen before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love Cadbury's chocolates and Cadbury's biscuits (cookies). Richard brought me the Roses from England when he came from his mother's 905th birthday celebration. I have never seen the Roses here, but you might have them in your neck of the woods. A few years ago, I found a box of the Cadbury's Biscuits at my local Kroger...I let out such a whoop of delight, I do fear that I startled other shoppers! LOL!

      Delete
  12. Good news about the sculptures being recovered. Any popular blog/media platform etc is always going to be an occasional tempting target for scammers- just the way it is online sadly but thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dearly love to write on my blog as much as I love my friends in my blogging world but it DON'T love the fact that I have to worry about people who are trying to mess things up!!

      Delete
  13. So glad they were caught! I've never heard of Roses from Cadbury before.... hope you have a wonderful 2018!! :-)

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jill! Not only are they wonderful chocolates but they in such a beautiful box too! (I am a sucker for good design, I know you are the same!)
      Happy 2018 to you too!

      Delete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad they caught this guy(s). To think of the effort they put into this theft for drug money. They must be crazy.

    Cadbury's is the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you read in the article, they do think that they simply wanted to make the money from them for drugs. So sad.
      Cadbury's is the best...so Cadbury's you have my permission to send your chocolates to Leonora also! LOL!

      Delete
  16. As you say, it's good to have good news. And I'm glad to hear that you've sorted the email situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Graham! Thank you. I think that good news is the best kind to share!

      Delete