Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Dolly Parton

 


Queen Elizabeth died on Sept. 8, 2022.  Dolly Parton died today on August 25, 2026.  It truly saddened me to learn of the Queen's passing, much as Dolly's has today.  Dolly Parton was Southern and proud of it. For me, Dolly was MY queen. How many songs did she write in her lifetime? That number is believed to be 5000.  How many books has she given away to children in her Imagination Library? I have read different numbers, but it seems to be over 300 million books worldwide. Oh, and remember the Covid vaccine? If you got the Moderna one, Dolly gave a million dollars to Vanderbilt University for developing that one.  Admirable? Yes, indeed.








 I have several videos here for you. I hope they will stay on my post so you can see them.  The first one is her singing with Tammy Wynette and Loretta Lynn.  The second one is a song that she wrote that I remember we had on an album, "Me and Little Andy".  She called it the most pitiful song! And yet, it shows her sweetness, I think and I can listen to it and be astounded at her songwriting ability and her singing and doing the little girl's voice too. If anyone wants to make fun of it, go somewhere else to say so!  And the third one is from her film "9 to 5" with some great lines! How much I love that movie! So funny and the song that she wrote and sang in that film!   Just perfect.


Dolly loved butterflies, they were really like her signature. 🦋 

I hope you all know that this is the Monarch butterfly.



8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this tribute. I have always loved Dolly Parton. She will be missed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was watching a BBC tribute to her tonight. One song I had never heard before was The Bridge. She wrote that in her teens, a really good song, but not a hit, but Bobby Gentry's Ode to Billie Joe was a massive hit in 1967. Similar themes but Dolly was first. I looked it up. I also liked her bluegrass LP's. RIP Dolly. Still got Miley though :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. RIP Dolly Parton. What an icon and shining light, especially in today's MAGA America of hatred, greed, and evil. She will be missed so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved her too. I was saying to my husband that she is someone that everyone liked and this hits hard. She was a wonderful person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this post, Kay. Hawaii has a special love for Dolly. I've always loved Dolly and all her songs, but I hadn't heard Me and Little Andy. She is such an amazing singer and song writer. She will be greatly missed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her wikipedia article mentions around 3,000 songs that she wrote - no matter whether it was 3,000 or 5,000, it is a number well beyond my imagination; I couldn't even write ONE song!
    She truly was one of the best.
    "9 to 5" is my sister's favourite song of hers.
    A couple of years ago I watched a program where Reese Witherspoon went ot Dolly Parton's house and had an interview with her in her kitchen. Two great ladies together, and you could clearly see how much Reese admired Dolly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sad to hear of the passing of this amazing lady. I'm a huge Dolly Parton fan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The media has been flooded with tributes ever since she passed.

    ReplyDelete