Hello to all my blogging friends! Here it is October and we are being told that the hurricane that is headed to the Gulf coast of Florida could bring heavy rain and winds to Georgia! Wish us luck! (Of course, thinking of all those in its path.)
I hope you are able to click on that link at the beginning of this post to "Hello Young Lovers" on YouTube! It is a song from "The King and I" and was written by Rodgers and Hammerstein. (If you have been reading my blog, you know I love their songs!) Now, the song is performed by Justin Hayward from the Moody Blues! His voice is still good and I LOVE the guitar! He is such a great guitarist! Alas, Justin is the only surviving member of that great group. We are big Moody Blues fans in this household! We went to six Moody Blues concerts. Our son is a big admirer also! Ah, memories....
Justin Hawyard shares surprise cover of Hello, Young Lovers from The King And I | Louder
There, that is a piece in a music website, and it has the video there also if you can't link to it on the first link I gave you. See, I really want you to hear it!
Justin Hayward is touring just now in the UK and guess what, he will be in BEXHILL on Oct. 20th! How I wish I could go to that concert! It will be at the De La Warr Pavillion. I have shown you photos of it before on my blog!
Oh dear, I was able to see those posts about Bexhill earlier, but now when I am typing "Bexhill" into that search engine on the side of my blog, I am unable to find them. That is how things are going for me these days!
Most of the yellow daisies are almost finished blooming now but the swamp sunflowers are blooming in October! This photo is from last year, but I promise they are just as pretty this October! Another name for them is narrow leaved sunflower, see the narrow leaves? You WILL be tested on this! These are also wildflowers and although you sometimes see them in yards, they are mostly in the ditches beside the road!
Am I the only one having problems still with Blogger? If you have resolved things, let me know what you did!
Our hummingbirds have just left us this week. Look at this photo that Richard got of one of the female hummingbirds perching on this branch, just outside our patio glass doors. I mean, look at those little feet. Hard to believe that this tiny bird will fly about 600 miles across the Gulf of Mexico! Quite the journey. We hope we have helped them on their way.
There, we hope we always help creatures along the way, don't we? We all should!
Never been to Australia but this is a Kimberly Queen fern from Down Under! It was very small and only cost $4.00 but Richard can work wonders with plants. Now, will we have room for this plant to over winter this year? Wish us luck with that too!
Take care, everyone!
I love hummingbirds. I hope the hurricane doesn't do much damage at all. We have a hurricane headed to Las Vegas on Sunday/Monday as well. But mostly just rain and wind as it won't be a hurricane anymore when it gets to us.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like the same thing we are being told. We can still get high winds and lots of rain from a hurricane in Georgia even though we are far away from a coast!
DeleteWe are under a severe weather watch by the governor - I bet you are too.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.realfoodblogger.com/2026/10/cinnamon-apple-honeynut-squash-fall.html
Did I give you this blog before?
Yes, Governor Kemp went ahead and declared the state of Georgia a state of emergency in advance! I just read that they are closing Stone Mountain on Saturday due to the predicted weather. That is most unusual. Thanks for the link but honeynut squash? Never bought one in my life! LOL!
DeleteI hope the weather will be OK for you. It's been very rainy here all last night and today.
ReplyDeleteI never saw a hummingbird in Illinois but saw them in California when we visited relatives there.
Thank you for Hello, Young Lovers. I haven't heard it in a long time. I loved the musical King and I and even saw it on stage which was wonderful.
Oh! You saw The King and I on stage? Lucky you!! I have seen a GREAT production of The Sound of Music, it was at our local high school but they did an excellent job!!
DeleteSo many people have complained about Blogger giving them problems. Keeping fingers crossed it'll be OK for me when I get back to blogging in another week or so.
ReplyDeleteSeems like everyone else has worked out the kinks on Blogger but as usual, I am the last to figure things out!
DeleteHi! The first link worked for me. What a soothing voice and a great song. I love all the great Rodgers and Hammerstein musicals. The photo of the hummingbird is gorgeous because of the little details, including those tiny feet you mentioned. We're getting a lot of rain and it's supposed to continue. We're not in the path of the storm, but we always get side effects. Blogger works better now, but it's slow to provide my reading list. I didn't do anything to get it to work. It gradually got better. As I fall asleep, I'll chant narrow leaves, narrow leaves. I want an A on that test.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Janie
Dear Janie, What a marvelous comment you have left me! I will give you an A+ on any test just because I like you! Yes, I would be THAT kind of teacher! So glad you like the Justin Hayward song also! His voice has aged certainly but I still think he can hold his own against anyone. Of course, you would love the Rodgers and Hammerstein musicals! See, you will get extra credit for that!
DeleteI love being teacher's pet.
Deletenarrow leaves narrow leaves narrow leaves
Dear Kay, I hope you'll only get the rain you need but not the destructive kind, same with the wind.
ReplyDeleteWhen I type "Bexhill" in the search bar on your blog, it shows the older post alright.
Blogger seems to work normal again for me; I haven't done anything and so I'm afraid I won't be able to tell you how to fix any of their issues, sorry.
The yellow daisies are just so beautiful, aren't they (and I'm not just saying this because they are my favourite colour!).
We have LOTS of yellow flowers just now, the ones that I showed you above are the swamp sunflowers that bloom very late in October! I do hope we don't get any wind from that storm, the last time we did, we lost power and that was NOT fun! xx
DeleteAh the Moody Blues, a long time since I heard any of their music but then Justin did branch out on his own. Bexhill down by Hastings I’m sure his fans will enjoy a weekend down there. We will be happy for the rain to come here
ReplyDeleteI will be happy to send you any extra rain! Yes, Bexhill is between Hastings and Eastbourne, we had family that lived there, we still have friends there. I would have linked to my posts about Bexhill if I could have found them! LOL!
DeleteHe is doing well for 79. Probably just me but I usually prefer finding new music and new bands as I'm normally shocked at how old looking 1960s 70s stars look now. Mind you I probably look as bad in a mirror but I've always liked that energy and sparkle that new bands still possess so maybe I'm an energy vampire. Like the hummingbird. Forgot I've actually met Dolly Parton decades ago on tour here. She did look good. Still had sparkle.
ReplyDeleteYes, many of our singers from the 60's and 70's are sounding much older, but then, that is because they are! As long as they can still carry a tune, the older singers are fine by me. I do like to hear young artists do covers of the great songs from the past. I honestly don't care much for the modern music. There, I know that is not popular but there it is! Now, you have MET Dolly Parton??? WHAT???? Lucky you!!! Do tell!!
DeleteI had to have help for my reading list to update again after blogger did it's thing. Linda (Life & Linda) fixed it for me. She is a wizard!
ReplyDeleteI hope you don't get too much rain/storm damage from the hurricane. My neighbor is flying to her winter home in FL on Sunday and now I am wondering if her flights will get cancelled.
Yellow daisies are so pretty..and it's been a long time since I listened to the Moody Blues.
Happy weekend- xo Diana
What? Tell that Linda to contact me!!
DeleteYou know you love the Moody Blues, admit it!!
Happy weekend to you, dear Diana!!
I didn't know that Justin Hayward was still active in the industry. I will have to search out the song. Back in the day I loved his voice.
ReplyDeleteI hope you can click on that first thing on my post, where it says "Hello Young Lovers" in red. You should be able to hear it! He still sounds good to me. Of course, I will always love him. xx
DeleteWhat a beautiful song it is. Hummingbirds are a delight, I don’t get to see them often, though.
ReplyDeleteI’m praying the storm mostly fizzles out and hope your fern overwinters well.
Thanks very much for listening to the song! You know I was thinking of you when I said I was thinking of others in its path! Take care! xx
Delete