Wednesday, September 30, 2026

More Yellow Daisies/England Dreams

 





Hey! Here are some photos of the yellow daisies (small sunflowers) that I told you about in my last post.  You can see my son, Christopher with me and also, he is out standing in his field! (Of flowers!) All taken at Arabia Mountain. These were taken years ago, but I wanted you to see how plentiful the flowers can be.

You should never miss a chance to do something funny! What leaf is this from? Alas, I can't remember!


Since I have shown you some photos of my son, I am sharing a photo of my husband, Richard! I am not even sure what year this is, but I know for certain that it was taken in Eastbourne in England! Isn't the pier lovely? And Richard, you are looking mighty handsome too!

If you would like to see more of Eastbourne, I have a video for you. Oddly enough, I know Eastbourne better than most cities here in the States. I have spent more free time there. (Richard's parents lived there for many years and we visited them as often as we could. I miss them. I miss England.)

Today is the last day of September. Remember I told you that it was cooler this past weekend? That didn't last long, it was 89 degrees today!  Take care, everyone! 








30 comments:

  1. Wow! The flowers are indeed plentiful, Kay! Beautiful series of photos. And the views in the video are fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eastbourne is beautiful, the coast and that huge ferris wheel!
    The flowers are also beautiful. It's amazing to see such a huge mass of them. And speaking of hug - that leaf is huge...
    Your husband and son are both handsome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I really agree with your last statement! Ah, wish I was walking along that seafront in Eastbourne just now, I can just smell that salty air and hear the seagulls!

      Delete
  3. When the flowers bloom it seems that everyone is happier. With all those pieces of happiness we should all be dancing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our local monadnocks, Stone Mountain, Arabia Mountain, and Panola Mountain, all have the same wildflowers and I love them!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. You should go to Arabia Mountain to see them!

      Delete
  5. A lovely collection of photos!
    You could still tavel to England, couldn't you, although your parents-in-law are no longer there to visit.
    The first of October today, and it started with some VERY welcome rain here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, please send us some of that rain, it is so very dry! It is a bit tough for us to travel anywhere just now. And it would actually be sad for us to visit Eastbourne with so many relatives that are no longer with us.

      Delete
  6. Sun shining on Eastbourne today, the old folks wiil be pleased.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back in the 1980's, it really was like that, so many old people! But now, it has changed and there are many families and young people there. It has gotten "trendy". I always wondered why folks looked down on it. I always loved it.

      Delete
  7. I had a guy who told me that he was a shaman tell me that Native Americans used kudzu as a medicine. But the white man didn't know how to use it, so it took over. I shook my head at him and walked away. I'm sure that if I told him that it was brought over from Japan and Korea in the early 19th century and is an invasive species he wouldn't believe me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how people get things in their heads so wrong and then, feel they must pass that along to others! Yes, I sure do know kudzu, just like I know privet, both are invasive and both were brought in for erosion. That man was correct in that the Native Americans did use many native plants for medicinal purposes, but not Kudzu! LOL Our native plants are SO important, but many do not understand how much they are needed for our pollinators.

      Delete
  8. Loved the photos of you three and thanks for the video. Those flowers are lovely too. Happy October to you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Denise, Happy October to you! Of course, those photos are from a few years back, our son looks the same, but Richard and I are older, MUCH older! LOL!

      Delete
  9. Your "mountains" are a delight and so is Eastbourne. Maybe someday I'll get to see both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am grateful to have spent a good deal of time in England and also, to appreciate the nature in my home state. Even if you don't visit, you can "see" both in my blog!

      Delete
  10. We had a few cool days and now it's hot again. Your scenery is beautiful and your husband is definitely handsome. Do you think you'll ever live in England again?

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too old to think of living there! LOL! And just like Florida, Georgia enjoyed those few cool days but it's burning up again! 🔥 Stay cool. x

      Delete
  11. It's so muggy here in Hawaii and LOTS of rain. But that's our fall weather.
    You have very handsome, talented men in your family, Kay. And that is a gigantic leaf! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That leaf has to be huge to cover my basketball head! I really must research it, I will find out what it is! Richard and Christopher are both such talented, handsome men, you know I agree! x Aloha!

      Delete
  12. Beautiful mountain flowers. The south of England the last five years has had increasingly dry and hot summers, almost desert like conditions, over a wide area that includes most of England and Wales suffering over 30c heat for a month and still no rain yet and 27c recorded in early autumn down there now. And very little air conditioned public buildings built yet or installed within private/ domestic homes countrywide. Up until recently they never needed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am reminded of how much I witnessed climate change as I visited Eastbourne over the years. In the 80's, the summers seemed very, very cool to me. I remember being grateful that my in laws turned on the heat when we were there in August! Fast forward to 21st century, and Eastbourne became like the Riveria! I wished for the AC!!

      Delete
  13. Always nice to see pictures of you and your family. Those yellow flowers are pretty. Wish I had them in my yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband and I were pleased to spot them beside the road on our drive today! I wonder how many passed them by without noticing?

      Delete
  14. The abundance of yellow daisies - so beautiful.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now the swamp sunflowers are in bloom! They are also wildflowers and very tall, which is good since it makes them easier to see beside the road!

      Delete
  15. Thank you for sharing such great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those photos are from years ago but I wanted you to see how plentiful the yellow daisies are in a year with more rain!

      Delete