Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Happy Birthday!



This month, Dave turned 60! He is an old friend of Richard's, they went to school together. Oops, did I say "old"?  No, Dave, I should say a LONGTIME friend!  That is Dave pictured above with Richard when we visited England a few years ago. Note: Never ask a tall man with long arms to shake someone's hand when he is standing right next to that person.. Another example of my bad photography, my friends!. Still, it is good to see their smiling faces so just look at that!  Happy Birthday, Dave!  Number 60, but with my magical ways, I have made you younger with this photo!



Richard's Aunt Doreen turned 86 this month.  That is Doreen on the right with Richard's mother, Joan.  As children, Joan and Doreen were evacuated from London to avoid the bombing of World War II.  It really makes you think of what it must have been like for them, and for thousands of other children, who had to leave their homes and families and be sent away for their own safety. Heartbreaking thought but the British are tough...that "Keep Calm and Carry On' isn't just a poster, you know.




Remember the baby hats I made?  Both babies were born in January!  (Want to know their names?  They are Averi and Kennedi...neither family knows the other one!)   And this week, I have been busy trying to make something else for another baby girl!  (Along with checking on my Dad, who is still having health problems. Please, continue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers.)

By the way, anybody remember my post about the "Happy Birthday" song, about it being under copyright and that is why you hardly ever hear it in movies?  It looks as if that might expire soon...something to do with a lawsuit, hey, I don;t know, you can look it up! (I read it on the BBC.)
So...if you hear "Happy Birthday" in a film sometime next year, you can say, "Well, Kay told me that!

I will meet my friend, Crystal for lunch tomorrow for her February birthday!  Anybody remember me telling you that Crystal met Hugh Jackman?  Others might like his great acting but me, I will love him forever because he took the time to talk to my friend, Crystal when he was in Conyers filming a movie.   (Makes no difference to me how famous you are, just how nice you are!)

Gee...there is always so much I want to tell you but by the end of my day...you get the idea.  Hope you are all doing well and staying warm...except for my friends in the Southern Hemisphere of our Earth, you guys stay cool!

That is Crystal on the right along with yours truly! (Mary and MA on the left)   LOVE MY FRIENDS!


OH! And I can't believe that I forgot to mention that my cousin, Chris turned 40 this month! Many happy returns, Chris! Remember it is never too late to make music, never give up, never surrender!


31 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your family friend. Isn't it wonderful to have time with our friends.? Blessings to you, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susie! Friends are wonderful, just like you! xx

      Delete
  2. My goodness! You have almost as many birthdays this month as I do. Three grandchildren (2 on the same day) and a great-granddaughter have birthdays within a 10 day span.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, many birthdays make for lots of celebrations!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday to all of your friends this month, Kay! Love the pictures - the good OLD friends (he-he), the elegant ladies and your group of four, you look so relaxed and happy together.

    Sorry to hear your Dad's health problems continue. I hope he'll be back to normal soon, with the help of his doctor and his family.

    For us, January was the birthday month: My sister on the 10th, one friend on the 16th, one on the 24th, and then my Dad on the 31st.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meike! Dad has good and bad days, but we are hopeful that he is improving!
      My Dad's birthday is nine days after mine in April!

      Delete
  4. Hugh Jackman is genuinely a nice fellow...he is well-liked all over...and of course, he is an Aussie! :)

    I wish only the best for your father, Kay...I hope he's on the mend very soon. All positive thoughts sent his way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be very proud that Hugh Jackman is a representative of Australia!
      Thanks, Lee, very much for your well wishes for my Dad!

      Delete
  5. It's always nice to be celebrating birthdays. I have a couple of them in my family this month too. Happy Birthday to all ! Will continue to pray for your dad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MA. And happy birthday to your loved ones too!

      Delete
  6. Lots of birthday fun for you and your family and friends at the moment! Hope they are all wonderful. Continuing to think of you and your Dad. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to your friends and relatives. Nice to hear that not all actors are jerks. Hope your Father is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I only like nice actors! Thanks for your well wishes.

      Delete
  8. Thanks Kay, much appreciated. I wish I could take you to task about that "old" friend bit, but somehow I just can't... sigh! But why on earth did you get us to pose like politicians? We look like George W and Tony Blair (shudder!) standing there like that! Thanks again, and I hope your Dad gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, what was I thinking? The last photo I took of you two was in Bexhill but it was such a dark, rainy day that I couldn't see your handsome faces!
      Hope you are having a nice birthday MONTH!
      Thanks for the well wishes for my Dad. He is getting better every day.

      Delete
  9. Happy birthday to all.
    Aloha from Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a lot of birthdays coming up. Happy birthday to all the birthday boys and girls. My grandmother lived through both world wars and that's pretty awesome to think about. I wish she lived longer so I could ask her more about it when I fully understood all that stuff but sadly she died when I was a child who had no idea about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both world wars, that is something to think about, isn't it? Makes you realize that you come from a strong people, I bet.

      Delete
  11. Fellow Aquarians! Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lynn! "This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius". HA! Remember that song?

      Delete
  12. Happy Birthday to everyone, newly born and those mature in age! And all the best to your dad!! Are you enjoying the cold weather we are having? I'm loving it!! xoxo Silke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Silke! Newly born and mature in age, I love it!! And thanks for the well wishes for Daddy!
      Yes, when the cold weather is here, I get to wear the knitted scarf that you made, I love it, just as I love my Freya and her owl! LOVE IT!! xxx

      Delete
  13. Happy birthday to your fabulous February friends! What beautiful women in your hubby's family. Add brave and strong too. I admire those of the greatest generation. Love those sweet baby hats. You're very talented! Prayers for your Dad and hopefully he'll be better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had to get my mother in law and her sister post with those orchids, I thought they went perfectly with the elegance of the flowers.
      Thank you for your sweet words, my friend. xx

      Delete
  14. Many happy returns of the day to your friends and family, and i will continue praying for your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kay

    You had your work cut out making Dave look younger ( I can say that because I have known Dave and Rick for just shy of 50 years).

    Thinking of you and your father. Does he still drive the tractor? When my father visits, he always asks whether there are any photos of your father's 'garden' on the blog.

    My mother was also an 'evacuee' from London. Every so often there is a TV programme recounting the memories of those who were sent away. In the main, the memories are positive after the initial shock of being in a completely different environment and way from all they held dear.

    Best wishes

    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That Dave, he needs to thank me for making him younger! :-)
      My Dad has had some health problems recently but hopefully, he will be back on his tractor in the Spring!
      Oh, I should have known that Joy was also evacuated. It is very sad to me to think of that. Still, you must admit, your mother is one strong woman!!
      xx

      Delete
  16. It is universally acknowledged that 'our' Hugh Jackman is the nicest guy on earth :) Every Australian loves him! Happy Birthday to all, and well done on the baby hats: they are so cute and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should think of having him on your flag! Just saying!!
      I have crocheted for years and I STILL have problems doing hats, don't ask me why!!

      Delete