Monday, September 30, 2013

Wonderful Day To Be FREE!

 
Hey! I took this photo on Saturday after I had finished the wildflower planting.  It was an incredible beautiful day, the high for the day was 76 and there was a cool breeze that was delightful.  (More to come later about the fun I had with the wildflower planting!) 
 
On the next day, Richard had the day off and we went back to the same spot!  Richard took the following photos...
If you remember my posts about the young man, Ryan Ferguson, you know how strongly I feel in his innocence.  (You may read that post by clicking on his name.)  They are asking from the website, www.freeryanferguson.com  for folks from around the world to take photos of themselves showing support for Ryan and sending it to Ryan Round The World.  There, that is the Facebook page for you if you would like to look at it...
 
Ha! I made Richard take a lot of photos because you know I looked terrible in all of them!  I sent two of these that I am showing you here...I sent the first one and the last one pictured.  It took a lot to send a photo of myself, but everyone else was holding up a sign so I felt that I should!
 
Also, a nice man went past us on a bike and asked us, "Who is Ryan Ferguson?". You know that I told him!  Joe  turned out to be with the Friends Of Panola Mountain and he invited us to join with them since we loved this area so very much.  So, Ryan, if you ever read my blog, you should know how much good feeling was generated by your name on a sign! (And that is one more person who will read your story and I am sure that he will be moved and sign your petition.)  Keep reading my blog to find out the outcome of Ryan's appeal...
 








12 comments:

  1. Just stopping by to check on you and said hello.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sandi! Hope you had a great weekend! We were so lucky with the weather!!

      Delete
  2. Oh, Kay, I get so excited when you have pictures of yourself!!!! And I love to think of you out there planting those wildflowers ~ can't wait to see the pictures once they come up. And definitely so curious about the outcome of Ryan's story..... XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you go to the Friends of Panola site you can see some photos of the day, but I didn't take any photos of the planting, I was too busy!!
      There will be an episode about Ryan Ferguson on Nightline very soon, look out for it. Oh, and I think on Good Morning America too.

      Delete
  3. It is a Good Thing that people use facebook for something like that (you know I am not normally fond of it), and it would be great if it did not only get people to THINK about such injustice as is done to Ryan, but to everyone else who is suffering innocently, and even greater if this activity would speed up the whole thing.

    One question: You said "on the next day, Richard had a day off"; it was the Sunday, wasn't it? Of course you don't have to answer that, but now I am curious as to what Richard's work is if he normally works on a Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had people tell that that really it can only be a small percentage of people in prison who are truly innocent. My answer to that is that does not give any comfort to those are the small percentage that are innocent!
      Retail, my dear, retail! You have to work all hours and almost all weekends, if Richard has a weekend day off, it is a time to hike our beloved trails!!

      Delete
  4. Looking at your gorgeous pictures somehow makes Ryan's plight seem so much worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean but I am hoping that when he is released one day, that all his supporters will have a FREEDOM day and will go to a spot of great natural beauty (like Alexander Lake) and take more photos saying, "FREEDOM!

      Delete
  5. Hi Kay, just wanted to say that I only saw your message about saying hello to Lucy when I got home. You would have loved her. I introduced myself and told her the name of my blog and she threw her arms around me and gave me a big hug. She was so lovely! I can just imagine you doing the same :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that you got to meet Lucy! I have been reading about Yarndale on her blog for months now, and I am sure it must have been fantastic!
      If you get to go back next year, you may remember me to her then!

      Delete
  6. It's really scary to think of people who are jailed for something they didn't do. Even when proof is shown later that they didn't do it, somehow it takes forever to free them. Something is wrong with our court system!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep an eye out about this case, I am hoping that Ryan will be released from prison. It might take some more time, but surely, with no physical evidence whatsoever and the two witnesses admitted to lying when they identified him at the scene, he will be set free.

      Delete